Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tab and Enter
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tab and Enter Post 302488404 by hbar on Monday 17th of January 2011 04:28:36 AM
Old 01-17-2011
Yeah I totally agree. But that was not my purpose. I want to put datafile name at every line, as you can see that I am changing the name through the for-loop. At the same time I want to keep them as parts of instruction so that I can finally use in gnuplot.

In other word, can you modify the script so that it works? Like

echo "p x**2, x**3, x**4"|gnuplot -persist But here I wish to plot for other powers in general, e.g. it can be extended to x**5, x**6, etc., which will be decided by the for-loop.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with Enter Character

I'm using PHP in my site. I have txt files for news. I reads the txt files and post the news. i have a php function that finds the caracter asc(13) which is the enter, and puts a <br>. It works in Windows, but not on Unix. Can u help me with that. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zecarlos
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Cant enter password

When i come to the login screen i will put root and no password, and it will say its incorrect, but even when i try to enter a password nothing comes up in the box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: possuman72
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Enter to OBP

Hello, today i'm comment in /etc/vfstab fs /usr and my server load in SingleUser without anything commands :( How i can enter to OBP from # ? or ILOM ? I'm try CTRL+BREAK (F5) , CTRL+ALT+BREAK (F5) and #. but it's don't help me :(((( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to have ENTER after each symbol.

I want to know script for Input file : 123456789 outputfile : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 now please how can generalize it like i want output : 123 456 789 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkriver
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger Enter

Hello, I need to trigger every time enter has been clicked while some one on terminal i tried to googleit but with out result any idea ?? thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AYAK
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove enter

Hi All, I have a file , delimited by | Last column of the file has a extra enter causing error in my program Eg: firstworld <enter>; NO EMP i want data to be firstworld; NO EMP Is there a way to remove enter from a file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tab delimited file that is not tab delimited.

Hi Forum I have a tab delimited file that opens well in Openoffice calc (excel). But when I perform any operation in command line, it reads the file incorrectly. When I 'save As' the same file in office as tab delimited then it works fine. The file that I think is tab delimited is actually... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: imlearning
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop logic, enter into respective IF as per enter input file name

have three big data file, however I just need to see the mentioned below one line form the all the file which has SERVER_CONNECTION Value File 1 export SERVER_CONNECTION=//dvlna002:10001/SmartServer File2 export SERVER_CONNECTION=///SmartServer File3 export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace a column in tab delimited file with column in other tab delimited file,based on match

Hello Everyone.. I want to replace the retail col from FileI with cstp1 col from FileP if the strpno matches in both files FileP.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogeshG
2 Replies
PLOTCHANGELOG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  PLOTCHANGELOG(1)

NAME
plotchangelog - graph debian changelogs SYNOPSIS
plotchangelog [options] changelog ... DESCRIPTION
plotchangelog is a tool to aid in visualizing a Debian changelog. The changelogs are graphed with gnuplot(1) , with the X axis of the graph denoting time of release and the Y axis denoting the debian version number of the package. Each individual release of the package is repre- sented by a point, and the points are color coded to indicate who released that version of the package. The upstream version number of the package can also be labeled on the graph. Alternatively, the Y axis can be configured to display the size of the changelog entry for each new version. Or it can be configured to display approximately how many bugs were fixed for each new version. Note that if the package is a debian-specific package, the entire package version will be used for the Y axis. This does not always work perfectly. READING THE GRAPH
The general outline of a package's graph is typically a series of peaks, starting at 1, going up to n, and then returning abruptly to 1. The higher the peaks, the more releases the maintainer made between new upstream versions of the package. If a package is debian-only, it's graph will just grow upwards without ever falling (although a bug in this program may cause it to fall sometimes, if the version number goes from say, 0.9 to say, 0.10 - this is interpreted wrong..) If the graph dips below 1, someone made a NMU of the package and upgraded it to a new upstream version, thus setting the debian version to 0. NMU's in general appear as fractional points like 1.1, 2.1, etc. A NMU can also be easily detected by looking at the points that repre- sent which maintainer uploaded the package -- a solitary point of a different type than the points before and after it is typically a NMU. It's also easy to tell by looking at the points when a package changes maintainers. OPTIONS
-l, --linecount Instead of using the debian version number as the Y axis, use the number of lines in the changelog entry for each version. Cannot be used together with --bugcount. -b, --bugcount Instead of using the debian version number as the Y axis, use the number of bugs that were closed by each changelog entry. Note that this number is obtained by searching for "#dddd" in the changelog, and so it may be inaccurate. Cannot be used together with --linecount. -c, --cumulative When used together with either --bugcount or --linecount, graphs the cumulative count rather than the count in each individual changelog entry. -v, --no-version Do not show upstream version labels. Useful if the graph gets too crowded. -m, --no-maint Do not differentiate between different maintainers of the package. -s file, --save=file Save the graph to file in postscript format instead of immediately displaying it. -u, --urgency Use larger points when displaying higher-urgency package uploads. --verbose Output the gnuplot script that is fed into gnuplot (for debugging purposes). -gcommands, --gnuplot=commands This allows you to insert gnuplot(1) commands into the gnuplot script that is used to generate the graph. The commands are placed after all initialization but before the final plot command. This can be used to override the default look provided by this program in arbitrary ways. You can also use things like "set terminal png color" to change the output file type, which is useful in conjunc- tion with the -s option. --help Show a usage summary. --version Display version, author and copyright information. --noconf, --no-conf Do not read any configuration files (see below). changelog ... The changelog files to graph. If multiple files are specified they will all be display on the same graph. The files may be com- pressed with gzip. Any text in them that is not in Debian changelog format will be ignored. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The two configuration files /etc/devscripts.conf and ~/.devscripts are sourced by a shell in that order to set configuration variables. The --no-conf option can be used to prevent reading these files. Environment variable settings are ignored when these configuration files are read. The currently recognised variables are: PLOTCHANGELOG_OPTIONS This is a space-separated list of options to always use, for example -l -b. Do not include -g or --gnuplot among this list as it may be ignored; see the next variable instead. PLOTCHANGELOG_GNUPLOT These are gnuplot commands which will be prepended to any such commands given on the command line. SEE ALSO
devscripts.conf(5). AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> DEBIAN
Debian Utilities PLOTCHANGELOG(1)