Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tab and Enter
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tab and Enter Post 302488239 by jlliagre on Sunday 16th of January 2011 08:30:08 AM
Old 01-16-2011
Please explain better the problem you have with your first example with error messages if any. Newline is anyway unlikely an instruction per itself but probably a command separator.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with Enter Character

I'm using PHP in my site. I have txt files for news. I reads the txt files and post the news. i have a php function that finds the caracter asc(13) which is the enter, and puts a <br>. It works in Windows, but not on Unix. Can u help me with that. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zecarlos
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Cant enter password

When i come to the login screen i will put root and no password, and it will say its incorrect, but even when i try to enter a password nothing comes up in the box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: possuman72
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Enter to OBP

Hello, today i'm comment in /etc/vfstab fs /usr and my server load in SingleUser without anything commands :( How i can enter to OBP from # ? or ILOM ? I'm try CTRL+BREAK (F5) , CTRL+ALT+BREAK (F5) and #. but it's don't help me :(((( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to have ENTER after each symbol.

I want to know script for Input file : 123456789 outputfile : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 now please how can generalize it like i want output : 123 456 789 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkriver
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger Enter

Hello, I need to trigger every time enter has been clicked while some one on terminal i tried to googleit but with out result any idea ?? thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AYAK
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove enter

Hi All, I have a file , delimited by | Last column of the file has a extra enter causing error in my program Eg: firstworld <enter>; NO EMP i want data to be firstworld; NO EMP Is there a way to remove enter from a file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tab delimited file that is not tab delimited.

Hi Forum I have a tab delimited file that opens well in Openoffice calc (excel). But when I perform any operation in command line, it reads the file incorrectly. When I 'save As' the same file in office as tab delimited then it works fine. The file that I think is tab delimited is actually... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: imlearning
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop logic, enter into respective IF as per enter input file name

have three big data file, however I just need to see the mentioned below one line form the all the file which has SERVER_CONNECTION Value File 1 export SERVER_CONNECTION=//dvlna002:10001/SmartServer File2 export SERVER_CONNECTION=///SmartServer File3 export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace a column in tab delimited file with column in other tab delimited file,based on match

Hello Everyone.. I want to replace the retail col from FileI with cstp1 col from FileP if the strpno matches in both files FileP.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogeshG
2 Replies
isalist(1)							   User Commands							isalist(1)

NAME
isalist - display the native instruction sets executable on this platform SYNOPSIS
isalist DESCRIPTION
isalist prints the names of the native instruction sets executable on this platform on the standard output, as returned by the SI_ISALIST command of sysinfo(2). The names are space-separated and are ordered in the sense of best performance. That is, earlier-named instruction sets may contain more instructions than later-named instruction sets; a program that is compiled for an earlier-named instruction sets will most likely run faster on this machine than the same program compiled for a later-named instruction set. Programs compiled for instruction sets that do not appear in the list will most likely experience performance degradation or not run at all on this machine. The instruction set names known to the system are listed in isalist(5). These names may or may not match predefined names or compiler options in the C language compilation system, ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
optisa(1), uname(1), sysinfo(2), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 25 Jul 1997 isalist(1)