Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers require detailed description for df -k command Post 302488036 by methyl on Friday 14th of January 2011 04:34:57 PM
Old 01-14-2011
Please give a detailed example, showing what command(s) you typed, what the answer was, and what you think is wrong. Please mention the Operating System and version and the type of filesystem (e.g. ufs, vxfs). Were you logged in as user "root".

On some versions of unix I have seen the free space reported quite differently according to whether you are logged in as "root" or as a basic user. The difference is usually 10% of the capacity of the filesystem but is configurable.

Let's see your numbers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Command to require OS info

Hi, I am new to UNIX environment. Can anybody tell me how can I check whether my OS is 32bit or 64bit? Regards, Malay Mary (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

require help about cut command

hi, im trying to cut the file using cut command in unix . the problem is i want to input the chacter list from another file and then using the postioins specified in this file i want to cut another file. for eg. cut -c(here i want to use a list being read from a file) listdata(this is the file i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramchots
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Please tell me the Detailed Booting procedure of Solaris 8

Can anyone explain me the detailed booting procedure on Solaris 2.8 Regards, Max29583 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

require alternate command for lsof

Using lsof command i can find out which process-id is associated with the port. lsof -i :51000 . But as part of process i cant have lsof in the server. I am using sun solaris 8 and only kshell. Is there a way to find out which process is using the above port. as of now i am gettn port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: logic0
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Command Doesn't Show Description

im making c code in linux and im having problems with one command, id should bring up a list but instead id doesnt do nothing, there are no error's, can anyone solve whats wrong ? void environ() { extern char **environ; int i=0; for (i = 0; environ !=NULL;i++) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figureout
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require compare command to compare 4 files

I have four files, I need to compare these files together. As such i know "sdiff and comm" commands but these commands compare 2 files together. If I use sdiff command then i have to compare each file with other which will increase the codes. Please suggest if you know some commands whcih can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require single command to start script in multiple servers

I have 9 servers, on each server a script with common name is available. I send a token file to all server from 1 particular server. so when a daemon job checks that token file is available then it triggers the script.. I want to know is there any command or script which I will run/execute on... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Description using last command

Hello Experts, I need the description (like if user has done sudo,logging from winscp termial or ssh from other machine) using the last command.Can someone help me out please. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed.vaghar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting detailed error from sql script

Hello, I have a main.sql file which runs around 5-6 .sql files and each .sql file is spooling it in separate text file. In my shell script I am appending main.sql to one of my log file but I am not able to get detailed error if anything fails from those 5-6 .sql files. Those errors are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp92
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Description of the option print0 in the command find (man page)

This is the description of the option -print0 fon the command find in the man page: What does the "True" in the first line of the description mean? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puertas12
3 Replies
gfs_quota(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      gfs_quota(8)

NAME
gfs_quota - Manipulate GFS disk quotas SYNOPSIS
gfs_quota <list|sync|get|limit|warn|check|init> [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
gfs_quota is used to examine and change quota values in a GFS filesystem. This command has a number of different actions. ACTIONS
list List the contents of the quota file. Only IDs that have a non-zero hard limit, warn limit, or value are printed. sync Sync any local quota changes to the quota file. get Get the current data for the ID specified by the -u or -g argument. limit Set the current hard limit for the ID specified by the -u or -g argument to the value specified by the -l argument on the specified filesystem. The filesystem won't let the user or group use more than this much space. A value of zero here means that no limit is enforced. warn Set the current warn limit for the ID specified by the -u or -g argument to the value specified by the -l argument on the specified filesystem. The filesystem will start complaining to the user or group when more than this much space is used. A value of zero here means that the user won't ever be warned. check Scan a filesystem and make sure that what's out there on the disk matches what's in the quota file. This is only accurate if the filesystem is idle when this is running. If there is a mismatch, it is printed to stdout. Note: GFS quotas are transactional and a quota check is not needed every time there is a system crash. init Scan a filesystem and initialize the quota file with the values obtained from the scan. The filesystem should be idle when this is run. You should only need to do this if you upgrade a pre-quota GFS filesystem (pre-GFS 5.1). OPTIONS
-b The units for disk space are filesystem blocks. -d Don't include the space allocated to GFS' hidden files in what's reported for the root UID and GID values. This is useful if you're trying to get the numbers reported by gfs_quota to match up with the numbers reported by du. -f Directory Specifies which filesystem to perform the action on. -g GID Specifies the group ID for get, limit, or warn. It can be either the group name from the group file, or the GID number. -h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -k The units for disk space are kilobytes. -l Size Specifies the new value for the limit or warn actions. The value is assumed to be in the units specified by the -m, -k, -s, -b arguments. The default is megabytes. -m The units for disk space are megabytes. This is the default. -n Don't try to resolve UIDs and GIDs into user and group names. -s The units for disk space are sectors (512-byte blocks). -u UID Specifies the user ID for get, limit, or warn. It can be either the username from the password file, or the UID number. -V Print program version information, then exit. EXAMPLE
To set the hard limit for user "nobody" to 1048576 kilobytes on filesystem /gfs0 gfs_quota limit -l 1048576 -k -u nobody -f /gfs0 gfs_quota(8)