Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX xlc compiler options versus gcc Post 302487999 by citaylor on Friday 14th of January 2011 11:23:03 AM
Old 01-14-2011
I believe the option "-qinfo=all" enables more verbose warnings.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

cc compiler options

hi , I am compiling a C program with ccopts and cflags . i am getting error message main ( Not referenced yet ! probably due -u option ) can you please adice , how to get rid of this error. Many thanks Narendra babu C (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Xlc compiler

Hi Team I have a native applicaiton built on AIX using the xLC v8 Which could be the possible impacts from a code change point of view if I'll compile with the xLC v10? Thanks Marco (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antcos
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XLC compiler: enterprise edition VS XLC for AIX

Who can explain in a few words the difference between XLC for AIX and XLC enterprise Edition for AIX (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fvaltat1
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies

6. AIX

Checking xlc compiler version

Hi, Below is output of lslpp command. bash-3.00# lslpp -L | grep xlC xlC.aix50.rte 11.1.0.1 C F XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.3 xlC.cpp 9.0.0.0 C F C for AIX Preprocessor xlC.msg.en_US.cpp 9.0.0.0 C F C for AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX xlc compiler vs gcc

Hello, We are migrating some applications from previously running on an AIX system to a Linux RedHat system. I was tasked with recompiling some of the code. Unfortunatly I am a big novice on this. So i have the commands used to compile the code with xlc compiler in the AIX environment and i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spooksman
0 Replies

8. Linux

Xlc compiler on Redhat Linux

Hi , Currently i have my c and pro*c code got compiled in IBM POWER - AIX machine with xlc compiler version 9. We are planning to migrate all our applications from IBM POWER - AIX to Redhat Linux. Can i use the same current (IBM AIX) xlc compiler with the same compiling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
3 Replies
__BUILTIN_CONSTANT_P(3) 				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				   __BUILTIN_CONSTANT_P(3)

NAME
__builtin_constant_p -- GNU extension to determine compile time constants SYNOPSIS
int __builtin_constant_p(value); DESCRIPTION
The __builtin_constant_p() is a GNU extension for determining whether a value is known to be constant at compile time. The function is closely related to the concept of ``constant folding'' used by modern optimizing compilers. If the value is known to be a compile-time constant, a value 1 is returned. If __builtin_constant_p() returns 0, the value is not a compile- time constant in the sense that gcc(1) was unable to determine whether the value is constant or not. EXAMPLES
A typical example of the use of __builtin_constant_p() involves a situation where it may be desirable to fold the computation if it involves a constant, but a function call is needed otherwise. For instance, bswap16(3) is defined in NetBSD as: #define bswap16(x) (__builtin_constant_p((x)) ? __byte_swap_u16_constant(x) : __BYTE_SWAP_U16_VARIABLE(x)) SEE ALSO
gcc(1), __builtin_object_size(3), __builtin_return_address(3) CAVEATS
This is a non-standard, compiler-specific extension. BSD
December 19, 2010 BSD