Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming determining the IP of a function Post 302487767 by neur0n on Thursday 13th of January 2011 01:06:16 PM
Old 01-13-2011
determining the IP of a function

Is there a way to determine the "Instruction Pointer" of a function in c++, and if so can someone tell me?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining open ports

hi all 1) how to determine available ports in a box (solaris) do i have to go for a netstat on all the ports? 2) how to block a particular port for a particular type of connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining file length

How can I determine what UNIX thinks the record size of any given file is?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbrubaker
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Determining processes that have been swapped out

Is there a way to do this in Solaris? For instance, suppose I run the following: $ swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/md/dsk/d501 85,501 16 16780208 16780208 $ swap -s total: 3377368k bytes allocated + 519416k reserved = 3896784k used, 11011992k available... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

4. Programming

determining the object files...

hello, is there a utility to determine which object files are used to create a binary executable file?let me explain, please: for ex. there are three files: a.o b.o c.o and these files are used to create a binary called: prg namely, a.o b.o c.o -> prg so, how can i determine these three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyzt
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem determining file

I got the following code, it partially works. Can someone tell me why it partially doenst work? #!/bin/sh file=$1 if then echo "File is a directory" else echo "File is not a directory!" fi heres the output: philip@philip-laptop:~/Desktop$ sh exFive.sh test.java File is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: philmetz
4 Replies

6. Linux

Determining L2 cache size

Is there any way to know the L2 cache size from examinging to boot log. Here is my boot logLinux version 2.6.13-jaluna (root@localhost.localdomain) (gcc version 3.2.2) #4 Thu Apr 23 23:16:10 EDT 2009 TMS320DM643X port (C) VirtualLogix and others Designed for the EVMDM6437 board, Spectrum Digital... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mourya
3 Replies

7. Programming

Determining C/C++ License count

Can someone give me some guidance on what command to run to list how many compiler seats/licenses I am licensed for? This is an AIX system. Thanks, Justin ---------- Post updated 04-30-10 at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous update was 04-29-10 at 02:42 PM ---------- I can't believe nobody... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining typing latency

Hi all, When I use an editor (vi) that is spawned in a remote server, visually I could see the latency between typing a character/word and being displayed on the terminal. I could see this visually but how do I get a metric on this or how to quantify this? As expected, when I type in a editor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best practice - determining what region you are on

Hello all, I have a question about what you think the best practice is to determine what region you are running on when you have a system setup with a DEV/TEST, QA, and PROD regions running the same scripts in all. So, when you run in DEV, you have a different directory structure, and you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rediranch
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining length of string

I have this script which is very easy: file=`echo 01114` echo $file 01114 then I ran this if ; then echo "yes";fi it returned yes even though there are only 5 digits there So then I tried file=`echo abcd` echo $file abcd if ]; then echo "yes";fi if ]; then echo "yes";fi It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies
PLSTRING(3plplot)						    PLplot API							 PLSTRING(3plplot)

NAME
plstring - Plot a glyph at the specified points SYNOPSIS
plstring(n, x, y, string) DESCRIPTION
Plot a glyph at the specified points. (Supersedes plpoin(3plplot) and plsym(3plplot) because many[!] more glyphs are accessible with plstring(3plplot).) The glyph is specified with a PLplot user string. Note that the user string is not actually limited to one glyph so it is possible (but not normally useful) to plot more than one glyph at the specified points with this function. As with plmtex(3plplot) and plptex(3plplot), the user string can contain FCI escapes to determine the font, UTF-8 code to determine the glyph or else PLplot escapes for Hershey or unicode text to determine the glyph. Redacted form: plstring(x, y, string) This function is used in examples 4 and 26. ARGUMENTS
n (PLINT, input) Number of points in the x and y arrays. x (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to an array with X coordinates of points. y (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to an array with Y coordinates of points. string (const char *, input) PLplot user string corresponding to the glyph to be plotted at each of the n points. AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLSTRING(3plplot)