Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command not found in shell script - stumped for 4 days Post 302487727 by plonkagain on Thursday 13th of January 2011 10:56:08 AM
Old 01-13-2011
:)

Hello,

Many thanks for replying.

I've checked that..

Both /usr/bin/ssh and /bin/ssh are files with r-x permissions for owner, group and others.

/usr is a mount point but /bin is directly under root.

In my case, that wasn't the problem.

Thanks anyway
Cheers
J Phang

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List out last 2 days files using shell command

Could please help me To view removed files list for last 2 days. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santhakumar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl replace command, stumped!

Ok, I stole some code from a program that takess a hash of a password from PasswdMD5 and replaces it in the /etc/shadown file on a linux system. I run his program and it's fine. Well I took the same code and put it in another program that won't ask for prompgx and such and this code won't work:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for purging the 3 days old files

Hi all, I try to write shell script to the below requirement. I have Hard coded the oratab location and take the list of databases from oratab and find out archive log locations for each database, and list more than 3 days old files for each location and purge those. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mak_boop
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash and #1bin/sh command not found error on mac osx terminal/shell script

i am having a weird error on mac os x running some shell scripts. i am a complete newbie at this and this question concerns 2 scripts. one of which a friend of mine wrote (videochecker.sh) a couple weeks ago and it's been running fine on another machine. then last week i wrote capture.sh and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification on '1 days ago' in date command [Found answer, posted within]

I know the topic of getting yesterday's date has been covered ad nauseum, but I just want to be clear on something. I recently started using the command date --date='1 days ago' '+%m/%d/%y' to get yesterday's date and it's been working great. I just want to be certain that it is going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rm:command not found in linux Bash shell script

Hi All, Linux lxs3er06 2.6.9-67.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 7 13:58:04 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Issue: While executing shell scripts in bash shell, following error messages are thrown: rm:command not found On doing little investigation, I added '/bin' to $PATH and on doing echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
9 Replies

7. Linux

Shell implementation - Command not found

Hi, I am trying to execute a program with pipes to run a few basic commands by forking children. When I try to run commands in the child process without pipe, I am unable to run the command as execv fails. However for commands that are given with pipes execute successfully. for example:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmurali2
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stumped on simple BASH Script

Hello All, First and foremost, if I have posted this question in the wrong forum/section, I apologize. Okay so here is my dilemma. I have written a BASH script that automatically restarts a tomcat on a given server. That part was simple enough. However, now I would like to not only restart... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: UNM_Lobo
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stumped .. is this a command line arg?

I need a bit of explanation: LogFile=${LOGS_DIR}/${1}_$$ I know: - LOGS_DIR is an environment variable - $$ is the PID ... but what is ${1} ?? Is it another method to access a command line variable, or the job name? Thanks! Jon (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdorn001
3 Replies
lchage(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 lchage(8)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user user is required to change the password). -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 to disable this checking. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to 99999 to disable this checking. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Jan 12 2005 lchage(8)