Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove line break in a csv file Post 302487428 by michaelrozar17 on Wednesday 12th of January 2011 11:53:40 AM
Old 01-12-2011
try with sed..
Code:
sed '/,$/{N;s/\n/ /}' inputfile > outfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Line Break

Dear all, Please advise what approach can remove all line break from a text file? e.g. Source file: A B C Target file: A, B, C Thanks, Rock (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rock
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to remove line break

My requirement is to read the csv file and need to remove if any line break in it. sample data: Row1: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91Row2:"Tønsberg, Brygga Kino SF",Tønsberg,202-1.Tønsberg SF 4,202-1-4 Expected data: Row1: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove line break character in a file

Hi, we are trying to process a csv file,in which we are getting data with line breaks.How to remove the line break character in the file? when i try to print the line break charcter using od -c,it gives as '\n' character for both line break and line feed. Please provide your valuable... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feed from csv file column

Hi All, My requirement is to remove line (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feed from csv file column

Hi All, i have a csv file . In the 7th column i have data that has line feed in it. Requirement is to remove the line feed from the 7th column whenever it appears There are 11 columns in the file C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8,C9,C10,C11 The value in C7 contains line feed ( Alt + Enter ),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Line Break VI

I'm trying to make a script that says echo This is the date: I did this echo This is the date: date and it worked. But I need them both on the same line. And putting date on the echo line doesn't work. Is there a way to do so? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbowers
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line breaks in csv file using shell script

Hi All, I've a csv file in which the record is getting break into 1 line or more than one line. I want to combine those splits into one line and remove the unwanted character existing in the record i.e. double quote symbol ("). The line gets break only when the record contains double... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk statement to break nth column in csv file into 3 separate columns

Hello Members, I have a csv file in the format below. Need help with awk statement to break nth column into 3 separate columns and export the changes to new file. input file --> file.csv cat file.csv|less "product/fruit/mango","location/asia/india","type/alphonso" need output in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk-admirer
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break Column nth in a CSV file into two

Hi Guys, Need help with logic to break Column nth in a CSV file into two for e.g Refer below the second column as the nth column "abcd","","type/beta-version" need output in a following format "abcd","/place/asia/india/mumbai","/product/sw/tomcat","type/beta-version" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk-admirer
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line break at specific position

Hi, I need to remove line breaks from a file, but only the ones at specific position. Input file: this is ok this line is divided at posit ion 30. The same as this one, also position 30 the rest of lines are ok with different lengths The longest ones are always s plitted at same... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: qranumo
15 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)