Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting creating a csv file from this 1 liner? Post 302487409 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 12th of January 2011 10:30:54 AM
Old 01-12-2011
If you show us a reasonable example of your XML files, I can probably provide you a simple XSLT stylesheet that will generate a CSV file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging CSV data using a one liner from shell?

I'm trying to merge multiple CSV (comma separated value) files into one large master file. All files have a field that is unique to act as the key for entry/merging into the master file & and all files have the same number of fields that are in the master file. I'll give an example here: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinca
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a csv file based on Existing file

Hi I am Newbie to Unix.Appreciate Help from forum user would loada b.Csv File(Below example) in /data/m/ directory.Program need to read the b.csc to extract certain column and create a new file /data/d/ directory as csv file with new name. User File Format 1232,samshouston,12345... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skywayterrace
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a csv file in awk

Hi All I am trying to create a csv file in the korn shell and the script segment is as follows: if then # NEED TO ADD INFO TO THE EMAIL FILE ABOUT THE DRIVE THAT'S FILLING UP echo "$drive $percent% $space "|\ awk '{printf("%d/t"|"%d/t"|"%d/t\n",... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Segwar
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating multiple worksheets in CSV file

Hello, I've been tasked with sending 3 types of data (file size, row count, and file name) to a csv file every month for various vendors. I have been asked to put this in one csv or xls file with each vendor being a different tab (or worksheet). Until now, we have been finding and emailing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a CSV file for past 7 days

I have a requirement which will select the files with a specific naming convention which got created in past 7 days in a specific directory.Lets say the directory is /data/XYZ and the file names follow the below nomenclature like Daily_File*.txt I just need to create one CSV file which will... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

csv to table one-liner

I've googled a lot on this, but could not fine a simple one-liner to do this. I have a .csv file that looks like this: Header one Header two Header three col1,col2,col3 short data, very long data, dataIf I use sed and change the comma to tab, being the colums of variable length I don't get a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsog
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a one liner with wget, grep and mv

I have the following simplified script, that consists of a download (wget), a grab of only the lines with a comma (grep) and a rename of the file to indicate its date of origin (mv): wget http://www.example.com/datafile.csv grep ',' datafile.csv mv datafile.csv datafile.`date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a report from csv file.

Hi Gurus, I need your help in transforming the CSV file into some what a report format. My source file looks like below Date,ProdID,TimeID,LevelID 2010-08-31,200,M,1 2010-08-31,201,Q,2 2010-08-31,202,Y,1 2010-08-31,203,M,5 Output required is ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.kuppili
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in creating CSV file

Hi guys, I am not experienced with Unix, so please dont mind if the question seem to be irrelevant. I have written a simple script, that connects DB & fetches few records from a table. I wanted to get those details as file in .CSV format via mail. -I stored the query o/p in a file. -I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitburnwal88
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a csv file with header in UNIX

I have a flat file that contains dynamic list of variables like a=1 b=2 c=3 . .. z=26 I need to convert the above into a csv file having the format below: a,b,c,..,z 1,2,3,..,26 Please note, I do not want a comma separating the last variable. I tried to refer the post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
4 Replies
ifpps(8)							netsniff-ng-toolkit							  ifpps(8)

NAME
ifpps - fetch and format kernel network statistics SYNOPSIS
ifpps -d|--dev <netdev> [-t|--interval <sec>][-p|--promisc][-c|--term] [-C|--csv][-H|--csv-tablehead][-l|--loop][-v|--version][-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
A tiny tool to provide top-like reliable networking statistics. ifpps reads out the 'real' kernel statistics, so it does not give erroneous statistics on high I/O load. OPTIONS
ifpps --dev eth0 Fetch eth0 interface statistics. ifpps --dev eth0 --interval 60 --csv Output eth0 interface statistics every minute in CSV format. OPTIONS
-h|--help Print help text and lists all options. -v|--version Print version. -d|--dev <netdev> Device to fetch statistics for i.e., eth0. -p|--promisc Put the device in promiscuous mode -t|--interval <time> Refresh time in sec (default 1 sec) -c|--term Output to terminal -C|--csv Output in CSV format. E.g. post-processing with Gnuplot et al. -H|--csv-tablehead Print CSV table head. -l|--loop Loop terminal output. AUTHOR
Written by Daniel Borkmann <daniel@netsniff-ng.org> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Emmanuel Roullit <emmanuel@netsniff-ng.org> BUGS
Please report bugs to <bugs@netsniff-ng.org> 2012-06-29 ifpps(8)