Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help parsing filename with bash script Post 302487407 by mtehonica on Wednesday 12th of January 2011 10:29:09 AM
Old 01-12-2011
Wow, you guys are quick! Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of bash parsing script to perl?

I need help with a perl parsing script. I have some error logs on a windows machine that I need to parse from a text file, but I know nothing about perl. I usually run this bash script on my linux box and it does just what I need. How would I do the same thing with perl and port it to my windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash script to increment a digit in filename

Hi guys, Can someone help me out with this: I have a directory with files like the following, GHost++ 2010-03-14 04-01 DotaCash RD us_ca LC #7 (44m19s).w3g GHost++ 2010-03-14 04-06 DotaCash AP us_ca LC #8 (42m24s).w3g GHost++ 2010-03-14 04-07 DotaCash AR us_ca LC #10 (08m23s).w3g ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbjlee17
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT!!! bash script to sort files into folder according to a string in the filename

Hi all. I am very new to linux scripting and i have a task i can only solve with a script. I need to sort files base on the date string in their filenames and create a folder using the same date string then move the files to their respective folders. Scenario: Folder Path:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace47
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to sort files into folder according to a string in the filename

Hi all. I am very new to linux scripting and i have a task i can only solve with a script. I need to sort files base on the date string in their filenames and create a folder using the same date string then move the files to their respective folders. Scenario: Folder Path:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace47
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column parsing in a bash script - HELP

I would like to setup a script that pulls in time/date in two seperate columns, and then name the other columns as listed below: Column1=Art/TJ output Column2=Art/TJ output Column3=TJ output column4=Art output Column5=If time/date past 12:00 noon -fail Colume6=If time/date before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pass filename to AWK in bash script

I have written a script which works fine, to remove patterns contained in EXCLUDE.DAT from input.txt awk 'BEGIN {n=0;while (getline < "EXCLUDE.DAT" > 0){ex=$0;n++}} {for(var in ex){print var "-" ex $0 ;i++}}' input.txt The last problem I need to solve is how to pass the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script not parsing file with spaces in path

Hi everyone, I'm trying to write my first ever shell script, the OS is Raspbian. The code I have written must be executed whenever a certain database has been modified. The database resides on a Windows server to which I have a mount point, and I have no control over the Windows server at all so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjws
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and Editing a json file with bash script

I am trying to automate editing of a json file using bash script. The file I initially receive is { "appMap": { "URL1": { "name": "a" }, "URL2": { "name": "b" }, "URL3": { "name": "c" }, } WHat I would like to do is replace... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script - Remove the 3 top level of a full path filename

Hello. Source file are in : /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/some_file Destination is : /d/e where sub-directories "f" and "g" may missing or not. After copying I want /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/file1 in /d/e/f/g/file1 On source /a is top-level directory On destination /d is top-level directory I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing filename with sed in bash script

I need to cat two files with similar names. I am using the following script: #!/bin/bash if ] then file=$1 file2="${file%R1.fastq}R2.fastq" echo fetching data from R2 file ... sleep 3 cat $file $file2 > infile else echo "Input_file passed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies
MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)						   Games Manual 						  MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)

NAME
mog - Maze of Galious SYNOPSIS
mog DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mog command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. mazeofgalious is a is a very adictive game where you have to kill thousands of enemies, collect items in order to obtain new powers, and defeat some really great guys at the end of each level. You are free to go everywhere you want from the beginning of the game, you have to choose very carefully the order in which you visit all the rooms in the huge map if you want to keep your character to stay alive. The map is structures in a main map (called the castle), and 10 submaps (called the worlds), initially you are in the castle, and you have to find the keys that open the doors to go to each of the worlds. To complete the game, you have to defeat the boss at the end of each one of the 10 worlds. You are free to revisit each world as often as you want, in order to see if you have missed something. To defeat all 10 beasts, you control two characters: Popolon and Aphrodite, and each one has special abilities, i.e. Popolon has a greater ability to jump and Aphrodite is able to dive. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gurkan Sengun <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). March 26, 2005 MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)