Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl: Regex, string matching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: Regex, string matching Post 302487404 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 12th of January 2011 10:21:07 AM
Old 01-12-2011
Another option would be to use quotemeta i.e.
Code:
my $userInput = "[latency][info] mpgw(BLUESOAPFramework";
$userInput = quotemeta($userInput);

print "trans usrInput: $userInput\n";
if ( $str =~ m/$userInput/ ) {
   print $str."\n";
}

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

string matching in perl

Hi, I have to search for a string in a variable. Say the variable is var1='ERROR: Make java] as enabled' here i want to match which are in red color. other like abc etc could change. Can you tell me the exact command something like the below in perl if ($var1=~ m/ERROR: Make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regex help - matching parentheses

Let's say I'm trying to match potentially multiple sets of parentheses. Is there a way in a regular expression to force a match of closing parentheses specifically in the number of the opening parentheses? For example, if the string is "((foo bar))", I want to be able to say "match any number of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvp
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl string matching problem (two backslash)

I have a few .tex files generated with html2latex. They have some extra \\ that generate error with pdflatex, so I would like to get rid of them. This perl -p -i -e s/\\\\//g myfile.tex with or without simple or double quote remove all of the backslashes, also the single ones needed by tex. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsog
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regex string opperation

I'm working on a basic log parser in perl. Input file looks like: len: 120713 foo bar file size of: testdir1/testdir1/testdir1/testdir1/testfile0 is 120713Of course there are tens of thousands of lines... I'm trying to compare the len and filesize values. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkozel
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX - How do extract a string in a line?

Hi Guys, In the following line: cn=portal.090710.191533.428571000,cn=groups,dc=mp,dc=rj,dc=gov,dc=br I need to extract this string: portal.090710.191533.428571000 As you can see this string always will be bettween "cn=" and "," strings. Someone know one regular expression to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick-ski
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regex matching multiple lines

I need a way to extract data from X 4T Solution 21 OCT 2011 37 .00 to account 12345678 User1 user2 X 4T Solution Solution Unlimited 11 Sep 2009 248 .00 to account 87654321 user3 user4 I need it to extract 'X' '37.00' and account number 12345678. I have extracted above stuff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : pattern matching a string stored in a variable

I have two variables, my $filename = "abc_yyyy_mm_dd.txt"; my $filename1 = " abc_2011_11_07.txt"; I need to perform some operations after checking if $filename has $filename1 in it i have used the below code, if($filename =~ /^$filename1/) { ---- -- } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regex string match issue..kindly help

i have a script in which i need to skip comments, and i am able to achieve it partially... IN text file: {**************************** {test : test...test } Script: while (<$fh>) { push ( @data, $_); } if ( $data =~ m/(^{\*+$)/ ){ } With the above match i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avskrm
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP - Regex for matching string containing pattern but without pattern itself

The sample file: dept1: user1,user2,user3 dept2: user4,user5,user6 dept3: user7,user8,user9 I want to match by '/^dept2.*/' but don't want to have substring 'dept2:' in output. How to compose such regex? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with understanding this regex in a Perl script parsing a 'complex' string

Hi, I need some guidance with understanding this Perl script below. I am not the author of the script and the author has not leave any documentation. I supposed it is meant to be 'easy' if you're a Perl or regex guru. I am having problem understanding what regex to use :confused: The script does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
LOGSAVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							LOGSAVE(8)

NAME
logsave - save the output of a command in a logfile SYNOPSIS
logsave [ -asv ] logfile cmd_prog [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
The logsave program will execute cmd_prog with the specified argument(s), and save a copy of its output to logfile. If the containing directory for logfile does not exist, logsave will accumulate the output in memory until it can be written out. A copy of the output will also be written to standard output. If cmd_prog is a single hyphen ('-'), then instead of executing a program, logsave will take its input from standard input and save it in logfile logsave is useful for saving the output of initial boot scripts until the /var partition is mounted, so the output can be written to /var/log. OPTIONS
-a This option will cause the output to be appended to logfile, instead of replacing its current contents. -s This option will cause logsave to skip writing to the log file text which is bracketed with a control-A (ASCII 001 or Start of Header) and control-B (ASCII 002 or Start of Text). This allows progress bar information to be visible to the user on the console, while not being written to the log file. -v This option will make logsave to be more verbose in its output to the user. AUTHOR
Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu) SEE ALSO
fsck(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 LOGSAVE(8)