Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SPARC and device drivers
Operating Systems Solaris SPARC and device drivers Post 302487355 by orange47 on Wednesday 12th of January 2011 07:06:46 AM
Old 01-12-2011
Lightbulb

OK, we tried reconfiguration reboot (with touch reconfigure and init 6) but nothing changed. Smilie
Still, at least its not worse than before Smilie
I was hoping that reboot would change /dev/mux0 but it didn't!
Its the same old:

Code:
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     sys           41 Jan 12  2009 /dev/mux0 -> ../devices/pci@1d,700000/pci5555,3@1:mux0

and I believe that is the root of our problem (system was OK before 2009). perhaps we should delete that link and do reboot? But how to backup it first?

Here is the relevant line in /etc/driver_aliases :
Code:
 mux dvb

About manifest-import error, it somehow sorted itself out, there are NO errors in dmesg.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View device drivers?

I might sound stupid for asking, but could someone please tell me how to view all the device drivers? I'm just starting to use UNIX after using Windows for years. Thanks. -sysop0130 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sysop0130
1 Replies

2. Programming

Linux Device Drivers

Here is a cool book. And the price is right! Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Are Your Device Drivers Wacked Or Hacked?

Suggestion. Besides running scans it is also a good thing to run "sigverif". This will create a list of ALL drivers on your system, signed and unsigned. The output is located in your C:Windowssigverif.txt file. It surprised me most people do not do this. Many trojans mask themselves as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZOverLord
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

drivers unix 5.01 is compatible with drivers epson fx-2190

Please, I'm From Argentina, And I Need To Know If The Drivers Of Program Unix, Version 5.01 Is Compatible Whit Drivers Of The Printer Epson Fx-2190 Thanks, And I Hope Yuor Answer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan alberghina
0 Replies

5. Solaris

writing device drivers,for a beginner!!!

Hi all, Please excuse me if this is not the right forum to ask my question. I would like to know more about writing device drivers for Unix,particularly Solaris 10. excuse me if am being vague, but I have absolutely no idea about how i can start. I did try to search for a beginners guide to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

6. Programming

linux device drivers

hi, this is manju .... i want linux device drivers source codes. pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miraclemanju
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Learn Linux File System and Device Drivers

I am to start working on two project on Linux Device Drivers and other on File System. So I got the book "Understanding Linux Kernel" by Daniel and Marco. But I am confused as how to proce Will anybody pls let me know how to go to about studying the chapter in this book? I mean the order in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shefalibv
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Configuring NIC device in Solaris 9 SPARC OS [QEMU]

I have Xubuntu 18.04 installed on my PC. I have created a 10G .img image file created by QEMU-IMG. I have installed inside of it Solaris 9 SPARC edition . If I try and mount the image file as a loop device (using sudo losetup /dev/loop0 /path-to-img-file) I can only mount it as read only. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphatron150
1 Replies
FSCK(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   FSCK(1)

NAME
fsck, fsck1 - perform file system consistency check SYNOPSIS
fsck [-aclmrs] [device] ... OPTIONS
-a Automatically repair inconsistencies -c Check and list only the specified i-nodes -l List the files and directories in the filesytem -r Prompt user for repairs if inconsistencies are found -s List the superblock of the file system EXAMPLES
fsck /dev/hd4 # Check file system on /dev/hd4 fsck -a /dev/at0 # Automatically fix errors on /dev/at0 fsck -l /dev/fd0 # List the contents of /dev/fd0 fsck -c 2 3 /dev/hd3 # Check and list /dev/hd3 i-nodes 2 & 3 DESCRIPTION
Fsck performs consistency checks on the file systems which reside on the specified devices. Fsck1 is an alternate version for use on obso- lete V1 file systems. When either the -a or -r flags are given, the file system will be repaired if errors are found. Before running fsck on a mounted file system, it must first be unmounted. Trying to repair a mounted file system is dangerous and should not be attempted. To repair the root file system (which cannot be unmounted), first type CTRL-F9 at the console to kill any and all processes. Log back in as root, type sync to force any buffered changes to disk, run fsck on the root file system and immediately reboot the computer by typing reboot. It is necessary to kill all processes before repairing the root file system to prevent them from modifying any disk blocks while fsck is running. This is only necessary for the root file system, any other file system can simply be unmounted before it is checked. SEE ALSO
mkfs(1), mount(1). FSCK(1)