Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: modify a format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting modify a format Post 302487322 by Klashxx on Wednesday 12th of January 2011 04:20:08 AM
Old 01-12-2011
A Perl adaptation of xoops solution:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

open(DAT,shift) or die "Unable to open file \n";

foreach ( <DAT> ) {
   unless ( /^#/ ) {
      ($a,$b,$c)=split(/\s+/,$_);
      print "$A $B $b $C\n" if ( $B ne "" ) ;
      ($A,$B,$C)=($a,$b,$c);
      }
   }
print "$A $B etc. $C\n" if ( $A ne "" )  ;

close(DAT);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files and display last modify time in a particular format

hi everyone, can someone suggest how i can list the contents of a directory and display their corresponding last modify time in the format yyyymmddhhmm? thanks in advance! (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a perl line to parse out and output to another format

Hey there... I am looking for a way to take the below contents ( small excerpt) of this file called PTR.csv ptrrecord,0000002e0cc0.homeoffice.anfcorp.com,,10.11.191.62,,,False,62.191.11.10.in-addr.arpa,,302400,default... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify ls -l (long listing format output) strictly using SED only straightforward goalhard 4 me doh

Below is a sample out of ls -l which I would like to rearrange or modify by field numbers for example I successfully managed to disect using simple paragraph however for ls -l I can't divide the rows or fields by field number. Successful modification by fields using SED sample: $ sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module to convert xlsx format to xls format

Hi Folks, I have written a perl script that reads data from excel sheet(.xls) using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module. But the problem is this module doesn't work for excel sheets with extension .xlsx. I have gone through Spreadsheet::XLSX module with which we can read from .xlsx file directly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to modify .NN format in UNIX to 0.NN (less than 0)?

Hi All, I have a query in unix shell script. The help which i was looking for is : I want to modify .NN format in unix shell script to 0.NN this is specific for the values which is less than 0. It would be great if this can be done by using sed or awk. Please let me know in case... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Karthik89
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to modify in Excel format

Hi I ran some query in solaris machine and the result of the query is as below. Result: dn: uid=xxx,dc=example,dc=com id: xxx firstname: sam lastname: nam But my question is , how to get result in excel format in solaris and result attributes dn,id,firstname,lastname values ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script for transferring bulk files from one format to text format

"Help Me" Need script for transferring bulk files from one format to text format in a unix server. Please suggest (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kranthi Kumar
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Grant unprivileged user rights to see the output of echo|format but not modify disks

anyone have any idea how do to this with auth_attr? I suspect if I grant him solaris.device.:RO::Device Allocation::help=DevAllocHeader.html that will work but I'm unsure. Just looking for a second opinion. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
10 Replies
install::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::apiUserRContributed Pinstall::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::api::APR::PerlIO(3)

NAME
APR::PerlIO -- Perl IO layer for APR Synopsis # under mod_perl use APR::PerlIO (); sub handler { my $r = shift; die "This Perl build doesn't support PerlIO layers" unless APR::PerlIO::PERLIO_LAYERS_ARE_ENABLED; open my $fh, ">:APR", $filename, $r->pool or die $!; # work with $fh as normal $fh close $fh; return Apache2::Const::OK; } # outside mod_perl % perl -MAPR -MAPR::PerlIO -MAPR::Pool -le 'open my $fh, ">:APR", "/tmp/apr", APR::Pool->new or die "$!"; print $fh "whoah!"; close $fh;' Description "APR::PerlIO" implements a Perl IO layer using APR's file manipulation API internally. Why do you want to use this? Normally you shouldn't, probably it won't be faster than Perl's default layer. It's only useful when you need to manipulate a filehandle opened at the APR side, while using Perl. Normally you won't call open() with APR layer attribute, but some mod_perl functions will return a filehandle which is internally hooked to APR. But you can use APR Perl IO directly if you want. Prerequisites Not every Perl will have full "APR::PerlIO" functionality available. Before using the Perl IO APR layer one has to check whether it's supported by the used APR/Perl build. Perl 5.8.x or higher with perlio enabled is required. You can check whether your Perl fits the bill by running: % perl -V:useperlio useperlio='define'; It should say define. If you need to do the checking in the code, there is a special constant provided by "APR::PerlIO", which can be used as follows: use APR::PerlIO (); die "This Perl build doesn't support PerlIO layers" unless APR::PerlIO::PERLIO_LAYERS_ARE_ENABLED; Notice that loading "APR::PerlIO" won't fail when Perl IO layers aren't available since "APR::PerlIO" provides functionality for Perl builds not supporting Perl IO layers. Constants "APR::PerlIO::PERLIO_LAYERS_ARE_ENABLED" See Prerequisites. API
Most of the API is as in normal perl IO with a few nuances listed in the following sections. META: need to rework the exception mechanism here. Current success in using errno ($!) being set (e.g. on open()) is purely accidental and not guaranteed across all platforms and functions. So don't rely on $!. Will use "APR::Error" for that purpose. "open" Open a file via APR Perl IO layer. open my $fh, ">:APR", $filename, $r->pool or die $!; arg1: $fh ( GLOB filehandle ) The filehandle. arg2: $mode ( string ) The mode to open the file, constructed from two sections separated by the ":" character: the first section is the mode to open the file under (>, <, etc) and the second section must be a string APR. For more information refer to the open entry in the perlfunc manpage. arg3: $filename ( string ) The path to the filename to open arg4: $p ( "APR::Pool" ) The pool object to use to allocate APR::PerlIO layer. ret: ( integer ) success or failure value (boolean). since: 2.0.00 "seek" Sets $fh's position, just like the "seek()" Perl call: seek($fh, $offset, $whence); If $offset is zero, "seek()" works normally. However if $offset is non-zero and Perl has been compiled with with large files support ("-Duselargefiles"), whereas APR wasn't, this function will croak. This is because largefile size "Off_t" simply cannot fit into a non-largefile size "apr_off_t". To solve the problem, rebuild Perl with "-Uuselargefiles". Currently there is no way to force APR to build with large files support. since: 2.0.00 C API
The C API provides functions to convert between Perl IO and APR Perl IO filehandles. META: document these See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. The perliol(1), perlapio(1) and perl(1) manpages. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.18.2 2015-0install::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::api::APR::PerlIO(3)