Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: First 400,000 lines?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers First 400,000 lines? Post 302487171 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 11th of January 2011 03:16:45 PM
Old 01-11-2011
You are going to need something on the windows box to do that. A program like snagit comes to mind. Plain Putty will not do what you want.

Otherwise you will have to scp/sftp/ftp the file to your desktop. You can get a free desktop UNIX that runs under windows: Cygwin
Once you install it you can scp/sftp from your windows box.

You can also get WinSCP - WinSCP :: Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft "Donates" $3,000,000,000 to Feds

Surreal quote from the news link below: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44615-2002Nov12.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Solaris

apache ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/400.cgi

Hi All, Sorry if the question is trivial for you but, I am new to Apache (2.0.63) and am trying to figure out how to display my 400.cgi. Here is what I have in httpd.conf servername testing DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs" ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/badrequest-400.cgi Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AS/400

hi everyone,,, Can anybody tell me that whether the AS/400 is an "operating system" or a "Server" ? thanks in advance.... please if possible reply urgently,,,i am waiting..... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AS/400

Hi everybody,,,, This is kunal here, I am very new to as/400 and recently started working on it in one of IT company....I am planning to have Certification exam of AS/400. Can anybody please send me the links of different sites where I can have study material of AS/400 and also the details... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. AIX

AS/400

Hi everybody, I am learning AS/400 and working on it as a System Administrator. Can anybody please suggest me the best blog site for AS/400....just like Unix.com for Linux / Unix administrator. So that I can get all my answers related to AS/400... thanks in advance, kunal patil :) (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for adding a table in mysql with 10,000 lines ... pls help

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I need to write a shell script in sql to add 10,000 lines of data in a table . Pls help guys :) ---------- Post updated at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 PM ---------- guys please help !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinumahalingam
3 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)