Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mailx command Post 302487074 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 11th of January 2011 09:47:52 AM
Old 01-11-2011
Shouldn't TO_EMAIL_ID be replaced with ${TO_EMAIL_ID}?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command

Hi friends, i have seen the following line in some unix shell script . can some one explain me what exactly the statement is meant for ? ========================================================= mailx -s " Master Data Transmission Report for $TODAY at $TIME " < /etc/tr/tmp/$tmplog... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailx Command

Hi, mailx -s "hi" -r "abc@yahoo.com" aaa@yahoo.com<<EOF Hi, ~<!uuencode a.txt a.txt EOF the above code is sending mails, but attachment is not going instead i just get like below ~<!uuencode a.txt a.txt Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command help

Dear All, I need to send a mail to a group ( the address of which is in a .profile file)..My basic mailing functionality isn't working. When i try to run mailx -s "Hello" abc@xyz.com the command does not return to the prompt an runs infinitely. Request you to help me out here along with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushikraman
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on mailx command

hi, i want to pass a unix variable as the subject of the mail alongwith a string. My part of code is as below.. week_end_dt=`sqlplus -s rsamart@martdev.world/rsamart<<EOF SET FEED OFF; SET TIMING OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET PAGESIZE 500; SET LINESIZE 1000; select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jalkukdi@10
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx command

hi, i want to pass a unix variable as the subject of the mail alongwith a string. My part of code is as below.. week_end_dt=`sqlplus -s rsamart@martdev.world/rsamart<<EOF SET FEED OFF; SET TIMING OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET PAGESIZE 500; SET LINESIZE 1000; select... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jalkukdi@10
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx and -s command

How does the -s command work with mailx. I know that -s is to create a symbolic link when being used with ln but i'm not sure what the command does with mailx. Anyone?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjetterman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Mailx command

HI All, I have an unix server , where sendmail command works for sending mail. But if i use mailx command it is not working. Is there any specific settings needed for this. Kindly help. Thanks and Regards Rj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. Solaris

mailx command

Dear all, Every time if i use mailx it is asking for entering the From Address. I want to set it in some place, So that it will take it by default whenever we send mails. Pl help on this. Regards JeganR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Mailx command

Using RHEL 5.5 New to using 'mailx' Was trying to check if mailx is configured. mailx command gives a list of unread mails. Now I tried to send mail using this command to a local or on network machine using mailx -s "Test2" "root@<servername>" But did not receive any message. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
6 Replies
OPENVT(1)							     Linux 1.x								 OPENVT(1)

NAME
openvt - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
openvt [-c vtnumber] [-s] [-u] [-l] [-v] [--] command command_options DESCRIPTION
openvt will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the environment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c vtnumber Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work. -s Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT. -u Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l. -l Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed. -v Be a bit more verbose. -w wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then openvt will switch back to the controlling terminal when the com- mand completes. -- end of options to openvt. NOTE
If openvt is compiled with a POSIX (GNU) getopt() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
openvt can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: openvt bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: openvt -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: openvt -- ls -l HISTORY
Earlier, openvt was called open. It was written by Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk>. The -w idea is from "sam". SEE ALSO
chvt(1), doshell(8), login(1) 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPENVT(1)