Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tomcat installation
Operating Systems Solaris tomcat installation Post 302487042 by senkerth on Tuesday 11th of January 2011 08:22:22 AM
Old 01-11-2011
hi..
if i echo SHELL
am getting
/sbin/sh

which means am using sh shell
am i rite..?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tomcat configuration

i want to use jsp and servlets on my fedora core 6 system.So,I want to run tomcat.i dont how to configure tomcat in linux. the command:service tomcat5 start is working but http://localhost/8180 or http://localhost:8080 are not working plzzzz help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preeti chouhan
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to start tomcat with 2 jdk?

Current platform: Sun OS 5.9 Solaris isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications 32-bit sparc applications Problem: Fail to start tomcat server ps -ef | grep tomcat nothing displays... Steps: Installed jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30 Installed jdk 1.6 and set path in profile... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbox
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tomcat Connection closed

Hi how can do why a process closed a connection? # lsof -i tcp:8080 COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME java 5851 tomcat 29u IPv6 73216185 TCP *:webcache (LISTEN) # telnet localhost 8080 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lain
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Tomcat shutdown error

not sure if this is the right forum but im having problem with tomcat restart. i have a regular user that when he login it will go directly to a menu options (a. stop tomcat, start tomcat,). if he selects start it would should show that tomcat has been restarted. if the user press X, he will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Tomcat installation

Hi Friends, I have a upgrade task of tomcat from 5.5.20 to latest 7.0.32 stable release on solaris 10 sparc 64 bit.. Is tomcat package same for solaris 10 x86 and sparc 64bit..?? Can we upgrade directly from 5 to 7? Please help me.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani4u
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Tomcat..Unable to deploy application remotely in tomcat

Hi, We have upgrade tomcat from 5.0.20 to 7.0.33 and made changes to server.xml file according to newer version.. how ever the upgrade went fine and now i am unable to deploy application remotely.. it is giving 403 access denied error.. we have seperate appbase directory mentioned in server.xml..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)