Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't sudo Using Group Permission Post 302487008 by schms on Tuesday 11th of January 2011 06:49:21 AM
Old 01-11-2011
1:
Are there any errors in the sudoers - file ? Try to edit/save the file with visudo.

2:
Try to remove one of the "useradmins::15..." lines in /etc/group and check if anything changes.

Go back one step and create a new dummy group with only one or two users and
create a sudoers rule for this dummy group only. Does the problem persist ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

entry in /etc/group too long - problem using sudo with %group

hi folks, I've been googling for quite some time, but still can't find anything near it...my problem is the following: for useradministration in our company we are using ssh/sudo, now whenever I try to add users (we have quite a number of users) with useradd -G groupname for secondary group I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poli
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

group permission

I have an executable that had permissions set to 700. I changed this to 770 and added a user to the group in an attempt to allow that userds to run the file. Obviously this didnt work or I wouldnt be here. Do I need to cause the group file to be re-read and if so how, or am I misunderstanding... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo permission issue

folks; How can i give a group a sudo permission to execute only some command "like start/stop Apache", so every user in that group can sudo to use this as himself, i mean when he tries to sudo, he will be asked for a password (and make it so he must use his own NT password not a generic one) then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

5. Solaris

sudo permission

HI friends can i know how to assign sudo permission to normal user in solaris, and if not i want to assign few commands like format,user creation to normal user, i want to share few permission to normal user towork like a root in $ prompt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

6. Solaris

sudo for permission kill -HUP

Hi, I'm trying to provide "/usr/bin/kill -HUP" command to one of the user using sudo file. I have configured sudo as following: $cat /etc/sudoers User_Alias AA=conadmin Cmnd_Alias KILL1=/usr/bin/kill -HUPAA ALL=NOPASSWD:KILL1 When I login as the user and execute 'sudo -l' command, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grant sudo permission

Hi all, I have to grant sudo permission to a user. I have searched online and find that /etc/sudoers file needs to be changed with visudo command. As i am new to linux, this is not clear to me. Can anybody take an example and show me how exactly this done. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sudo Privileges & Sudoers Group

I'm looking for some suggestions to accomplish what a specific user needs, without adding them to the "sudoers" group. I have X user, that is requesting to be able to change file permissions on items owned by others and search directories where X user doesn't have access. I'm open to any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Adding user with Sudo permission in solaris 9

How can I add user with Sudo permission in solaris 9 ? I'm new in Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmednoaman
2 Replies

10. SuSE

How to add a new user to sudo group in openSuse 12.3?

Hi All, I have created a openSUSE 12.3 VM in my VirtualBox. I have created one user and added that user to my group. Is there any command by which I can add that user to sudoers user group like we do in ubuntu? #sudo adduser user1 sudo I checked the /etc/groups file, but there is no sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
1 Replies
bioutil(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						bioutil(1)

NAME
bioutil -- tool for viewing/changing Touch ID configuration and listing/deleting enrolled fingerprints SYNOPSIS
bioutil {-r | -w [-f { 0 | 1 }] [-u { 0 | 1 }] [-a { 0 | 1 }]} | [-c] | [-p] | [-d <uid>] [-s] DESCRIPTION
bioutil provides the possibility of viewing and changing Touch ID configuration, both system-wide and user-specific. It also allows listing and deleting enrolled fingerprints. OPTIONS
-r, --read Read Touch ID configuration. -w, --write Write Touch ID configuration. -s, --system Indicates that system-wide configuration is to be read/written (user-specific configuration is the default) or that a system-wide list/delete operation is to be performed. -f, --function Enables (1) or disables (0) overall Touch ID functionality (system-wide configuration only). -u, --unlock Enables (1) or disables (0) Touch ID for unlock. -a, --applepay Enables (1) or disables (0) Touch ID for ApplePay (user-specific configuration only). -c, --count Provides number of enrolled fingerprints of the current user or of all users (when run with -s as an administrator) -p, --purge Deletes all enrolled fingerprints of the current user or of all users (when run with -s as an administrator) -d, --delete Deletes all enrolled fingerprints of the user with given user ID (must be run as an administrator) EXAMPLES
bioutil -r Reads Touch ID configuration for the current user. bioutil -r -s Reads system-wide Touch ID configuration. bioutil -w -u 1 Enables Touch ID for unlock for the current user. sudo bioutil -w -s -u 0 Disables Touch ID for unlock for the whole system. bioutil -c Prints the number of enrolled fingerprints of the current user. bioutil -p Deletes all enrolled fingerprints of the current user. sudo bioutil -c -s Prints numbers of enrolled fingerprints of all enrolled users. sudo bioutil -p -s Deletes all fingerprints from the system. sudo bioutil -s -d 501 Deletes all fingerprints of user 501. Darwin May 31, 2019 Darwin