Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gcc with pipe
Top Forums Programming Gcc with pipe Post 302486937 by DGPickett on Monday 10th of January 2011 09:29:38 PM
Old 01-10-2011
I have made my living cleaning up make files, an endless task, even with the cc support and even with dynamic libs. I used to run all prod through a what script to see the multiple versions installed. However, many make a good living chasing this butterfly!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

gcc update

Hai Friends How should i update gcc (version 3.2.1) to gcc (version 3.2.2). I am using FreeBSD 5.0 RELEASE Thanks in advance Collins (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
0 Replies

2. Programming

Gcc

Dear all, Any body please guide, i require a C which will run in Linux environment. Its urgent please. warm regards, Senthil K (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Senthil
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

4. AIX

Gcc for AIX

Hi, I am working with AIX5.3 and I downloaded the gcc-4.2.4.tar.bz2 from the site and when I am trying to un-tar it.It is throwing error-- Please help me to resolve it. Thanks in Advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

5. Programming

gcc compiler

Which gcc compiler release had the Arm 9 multicore support?Whether the compiler that used for the single Arm 9 core can be used for its multicore systems ? If gcc not support,please tell me which are the compilers that are available for Arm 9 multicore systems (including commerical).Whether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujith4u87
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gcc and g++

Hi, I have recently got a job in unix, now training is going on and we have been practicing on telnet, so to practice at home I have installed vmware(virtual machine) and planning to download ubuntu. So my doubt is that whether I can write c and cpp progs in vi editor and can I run them by default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal.973s
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between GCC and CC?

Can anyone briefly tell me the difference between CC and GCC? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrewust
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

9. Linux

Problems with gcc

Hello I'm not able to install gcc. My platform is # uname -a Linux localhost 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 2 14:58:14 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux #yum install gcc I got the following error ---> Package libgfortran44.x86_64 0:4.4.4-13.el5 set to be updated ---> Package... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: My Style
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
cxref-cpp(1)						      General Commands Manual						      cxref-cpp(1)

NAME
cxref-cpp - A modified C preprocessor to use with cxref. SYNOPSIS
cxref-cpp ... DESCRIPTION
To improve the output that is available for the source code for cross-referencing a modified version of the GNU CPP v2.7.2 is supplied (named cxref-cpp). This modified C preprocessor allows for a finer control over some features of the preprocessing that are not important for a compiler. In a standard preprocessor, the preprocessor directives are intended for use only by the preprocessor, so passing the information through is not important. With cxref-cpp, there are some features that are different to the standard GNU CPP: Compared to gcc versions earlier than version 2.8.0 there is an extra option that will output the #include lines from the source file. In version 2.8.0 and later this option is present. Comments trailing a #include or a #define are not preserved by all versions of gcc even if the -C option is used. This is not important while compiling, but is useful for documenting. The cxref-cpp program will take on the personality of the installed version of gcc so that the gcc header files can be parsed. This means that it includes the same default include directory paths and macro definitions. The file that contains these definitions is called cxref-cpp.defines and is installed by the cxref-cpp-configure program or specified by the -cxref-cpp-defines command line option. OPTIONS
The same as for gcc, apart from '-cxref-cpp-defines' described above. SEE ALSO
cxref(1), cxref-cpp-configure(1), gcc(1) May 9, 2004 cxref-cpp(1)