Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to Excluding Extensions Creating RAR & Uploading it Post 302486900 by DGPickett on Monday 10th of January 2011 04:39:44 PM
Old 01-10-2011
Yes, the do cannot not be right after the for var in list. The mv looks OK. Why not do that first. Might check that there is no target else echo Collision: orig target

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating subusers & assigning limited rights

Hi all, I need to create 2 users sde1 & sde2 with limited authority(only for read). I know the root password.Pls tell me step by step procedure how to create these subusers to root. the commands which these subusers can run are : 1)#df -k 2)#ps -ef|grep syb 3)#ps -ef|grep omc 4)ps... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xs2sandeep
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating multiple extensions

Friends I want to automat sending a letter to different persons whose directories are named as 001, 002, 003, 004. To push the same letter to all these directories, I need to name the letter as letter.001, letter.002 like that. Is there any method whereby I get the extension of this letter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating & sending formatted (with bolds & colors) CSV

Hi , I have a situation. Need is to create & send a formatted file with header in BOLD & colored & some sequel results as a content. I know echo -e \033 command, but its scope is limited in PUTTY. How to retain the formatting out of Putty; say after someone opens a email attachment... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infaWorld
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Creating /boot partition & MBR concerns

I have 40GB HD with mepis8, swap, MBR and under flags word boot. I also have a 160 GB external with a few Linux OS, no swaps, no extended etc. I am total Linux no MS I would feel more secure by resizing that sda1 partition and creating a /boot partition with the MBR housed there. Is that a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: worthamtx
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating tar file for subdirs, excluding one and preserving user info

Hi All, I am not one of the super users / root for AIX 5.3 system. There is a filesystem Say /DIR1 and its has several subdirs in it say SUBDIR1, SUBDIR2, SUBDIR3. Can I create a tar file for all files under DIR1 and SUBDIR1, SUBDIR3. Excluding SIBDIR2? Also how can I preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating tar excluding links

hi, How do i create a tar file of a directory excluding the links in that particular directory and its sub-directories. The below command doesnt work for me. tar -cvf abc.tar /dir1 --exclude"^l" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yesmani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in .PDF files inside .RAR & .ZIP archives.

Hi, I have got a large number of .PDF files that are archived in .RAR & ZIP files in various directories and I would like to search for strings inside the PDF files. I would think you would need something that can recursively read directories, extract the .RAR/.ZIP file in memory, read the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating delimiter file & append with cron

I have the following script working fine, and need to generate a file delimiter (with tab or special character) for Excel data import. The script will run every hour in crontab to append the new rows to the delimiter, so that I can collect the data for i.e. a week, which will give me a lot of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
0 Replies

9. Programming

Script for creating a directory & move the .tif files in it.

Hi Team, I have thousands of TIF files which are converted from PDF. Below is a sample of it. LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320001.tif LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320002.tif LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320003.tif LH9411_ANGENIAHUTCHINSON_2012041812102510250001.tif... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Readin document & creating path

Need a way to read a file in who every line is a path to a directory and make shortcut to that directory on a specific place. Example: line in the document /media/gogo/6651-FEAB/Desktop/ /media/gogo/6651-FEAB/Desktop/alex/ /media/gogo/6651-FEAB/linux/ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogok_bg
3 Replies
UNRAR(1)							   RAR archiver 							  UNRAR(1)

NAME
unrar - extract files from rar archives SYNOPSIS
unrar <command> [-<switch 1> -<switch N>] archive [files...] [path...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the unrar command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Commands and options described here are as of unrar 2.02. OPTIONS
After the program name comes a command and then optional switches with dashes before them. A summary of commands is included below. For a complete description, run unrar without options. e Extract files to current directory. l List archive content. p Print file to stdout. t Test archive files. v Verbosely list archive. x Extract files with full path. SWITCHES
NOTE: Every switch must be separated by a whitespace. You cannot put them together. -av- Disable AV check. -c- Disable comments show. -f Freshen files. -kb Keep broken extracted files. -ierr Send all messages to stderr. -inul Disable all messages. -o+ Overwrite existing files. -o- Do not overwrite existing files. -p<password> Set password. -p- Do not query password. -r Recurse subdirectories. -u Update files. -v List all volumes. -x<file> Exclude specified file. -x@<list> Exclude files in specified list file. -x@ Read file names to exclude from stdin. -y Assume Yes on all queries. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Petr Cech <cech@debian.org> according to "unrar -h" for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 02.11.1999 UNRAR(1)