Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PCRE negative lookahead
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PCRE negative lookahead Post 302486887 by insania on Monday 10th of January 2011 03:13:00 PM
Old 01-10-2011
PCRE negative lookahead

I have read many tutorials and cannot get this to work. I need to use pcre (because that is what the library in the software we are using uses) and pcregrep everything except /home from the /etc/fstab

Code:
pcregrep '(?!/home)' /etc/fstab

It returns the entire fstab (This is on a RHEL5 machine). What am i doing wrong. Is there any better way to do this with a Perl compatible regular expression

Thanks,

Sean

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCRE string questions.

What is the string that would satisfy this expression: "^gs{3}$" ? What is an expression that would satisfy all these strings: csafaq.exe, csafbc.exe, asdfcd.exe? Also, To catch these files, : gdnus1862.exe gdnus10.exe gdnus250.exe gdnus2337.exe I am using this regex. :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Postfix - pcre

Hello. I need to test valid sender address. I have created a rule in main.cf : smtpd_sender_login_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_login_maps.pcre smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_sender_login_mismatch THe file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
GETFSENT(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       GETFSENT(3)

NAME
getfsent, getfsspec, getfsfile, getfstype, setfsent, endfsent - get file system descriptor file entry SYNOPSIS
#include <fstab.h> struct fstab *getfsent() struct fstab *getfsspec(spec) char *spec; struct fstab *getfsfile(file) char *file; struct fstab *getfstype(type) char *type; int setfsent() int endfsent() DESCRIPTION
Getfsent, getfsspec, getfstype, and getfsfile each return a pointer to an object with the following structure containing the broken-out fields of a line in the file system description file, <fstab.h>. struct fstab { char *fs_spec; char *fs_file; char *fs_type; int fs_freq; int fs_passno; }; The fields have meanings described in fstab(5). Getfsent reads the next line of the file, opening the file if necessary. Setfsent opens and rewinds the file. Endfsent closes the file. Getfsspec and getfsfile sequentially search from the beginning of the file until a matching special file name or file system file name is found, or until EOF is encountered. Getfstype does likewise, matching on the file system type field. FILES
/etc/fstab SEE ALSO
fstab(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Null pointer (0) returned on EOF or error. BUGS
All information is contained in a static area so it must be copied if it is to be saved. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 12, 1986 GETFSENT(3)