Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't sudo Using Group Permission Post 302486883 by rjlohman on Monday 10th of January 2011 02:39:50 PM
Old 01-10-2011
That's Better...

With 'id -a', it is clear that in all cases, my account appears to be a member of the useradmins group. Still doesn't explain why I can't sudo, but definitely focuses my investigation. Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

entry in /etc/group too long - problem using sudo with %group

hi folks, I've been googling for quite some time, but still can't find anything near it...my problem is the following: for useradministration in our company we are using ssh/sudo, now whenever I try to add users (we have quite a number of users) with useradd -G groupname for secondary group I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poli
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

group permission

I have an executable that had permissions set to 700. I changed this to 770 and added a user to the group in an attempt to allow that userds to run the file. Obviously this didnt work or I wouldnt be here. Do I need to cause the group file to be re-read and if so how, or am I misunderstanding... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo permission issue

folks; How can i give a group a sudo permission to execute only some command "like start/stop Apache", so every user in that group can sudo to use this as himself, i mean when he tries to sudo, he will be asked for a password (and make it so he must use his own NT password not a generic one) then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

5. Solaris

sudo permission

HI friends can i know how to assign sudo permission to normal user in solaris, and if not i want to assign few commands like format,user creation to normal user, i want to share few permission to normal user towork like a root in $ prompt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

6. Solaris

sudo for permission kill -HUP

Hi, I'm trying to provide "/usr/bin/kill -HUP" command to one of the user using sudo file. I have configured sudo as following: $cat /etc/sudoers User_Alias AA=conadmin Cmnd_Alias KILL1=/usr/bin/kill -HUPAA ALL=NOPASSWD:KILL1 When I login as the user and execute 'sudo -l' command, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grant sudo permission

Hi all, I have to grant sudo permission to a user. I have searched online and find that /etc/sudoers file needs to be changed with visudo command. As i am new to linux, this is not clear to me. Can anybody take an example and show me how exactly this done. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sudo Privileges & Sudoers Group

I'm looking for some suggestions to accomplish what a specific user needs, without adding them to the "sudoers" group. I have X user, that is requesting to be able to change file permissions on items owned by others and search directories where X user doesn't have access. I'm open to any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Adding user with Sudo permission in solaris 9

How can I add user with Sudo permission in solaris 9 ? I'm new in Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmednoaman
2 Replies

10. SuSE

How to add a new user to sudo group in openSuse 12.3?

Hi All, I have created a openSUSE 12.3 VM in my VirtualBox. I have created one user and added that user to my group. Is there any command by which I can add that user to sudoers user group like we do in ubuntu? #sudo adduser user1 sudo I checked the /etc/groups file, but there is no sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
1 Replies
mtailrc(5)							   User Manuals 							mtailrc(5)

NAME
mtailrc - Configuration file for monkeytail DESCRIPTION
A monkeytail configuration uses Apache-style syntax to declare "groups" of files to be tailed. Best explained with an example: <group testgroup> prefix 'server2: ' sudo yes <file> filename /var/log/apache2/access.log prefix 'server1: ' host server1.example.com </file> <file> filename /var/log/apache2/access.log host server2.example.com sudo no </file> </group> OPTIONS
All options can be either put inside a group or file block. Options inside a file block override those in the group block. filename filename filename defines the filename for this block. host remote-host (optional) host defines that this block's file is to be tailed on a remote server. sudo yes|no|1|0 sudo is a boolean specifying whether this file should be tailed as root. This option is supported for both local and remote files (in both cases you will potentially be prompted for your password). prefix "string: " prefix allows you to specify a short string that will be prepended to every line that is displayed for that given file. FILES
~/.mtailrc - user specific monkeytail config SEE ALSO
mtail(1), tail(1) AUTHOR
Martyn Smith <martyn@dollyfish.net.nz> mtail May 2008 mtailrc(5)