Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO 6.0 Freeze
Operating Systems SCO SCO 6.0 Freeze Post 302486850 by atish0 on Monday 10th of January 2011 12:34:21 PM
Old 01-10-2011
The system becomes non responsive nor from the console or any terminal or a telnet session. and when we reboot, it doesnt ask to save the dump file. and the only way is to do a hard reboot.

Thanks for looking at the problem.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP5 Script 'Freeze' before exiting

I recently upgraded a system from php 4.4.2 to php 5.2.1, and one of my scripts has started behaving very strangely. I've tried google but come up blank so far. Basically what the script does is select a large amount of data from a mysql (4.1.21) database, do some manipulation, the plots a graph... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unbeliever
4 Replies

2. Linux

How to trace the module after system freeze?

Hi, I wrote a kernel module that did a virtual network protocol and library that provide interface for application use to interact with the kernel module by ioctl actions. insmod the module and unload the module, there will be no problem. But once I call the library with my example... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
0 Replies

3. SCO

Help on System Freeze in SCO

Hi, My SCO server freezes suddenly. I just want to know if there any tools / commands availble that can find which is causing the freeze? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
4 Replies

4. AIX

Freeze user in one directory

Guy's I have user calld appuser home directory of this user is : /app/application when this user login , user will be direct under this directory /app/application I want to keep and freeze this user in his home directory to be able to access only his home directory and denied it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
2 Replies

5. Linux

grub2 startup freeze

I got a dual boot with grub2, but everytime I turn on the computer and the booter is loaded, I can't handle the menu, so I am forced to wait the countdown and choose the default option. I'd really like to know why! This is my grub.cfg, # # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE # # It is automatically... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
0 Replies

6. Debian

Debian on ia64 install - freeze

Hi I try to install debian 6.0.1 on hp rx2600. I boot from the CD i get first boot menu ( i can choose Install/Install(expert)/Rescue modes) after i choose one of above i see messages like : (..) Uncompressing linux..done. (...) Loading file /initrd.gz.. done (...) Linux Version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chesti
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 install freeze

Hi, I tried to boot the Solaris 11 install DVD the other day and I can't get past the "SunOS" text banner on the clear/newscreen. It just hangs with a solid block cursor. I have a new computer and that might be the problem, but what I want is more verbosity maybe, some kind of detailed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eax
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Freeze system

hello is there any freeze software for Linux-redhat system to prevent any changes on /root (wish open topic on right forum) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies
last(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   last(1)

Name
       last - indicate last logins of users and teletypes

Syntax
       last [-N] [name...] [tty...]

Description
       The  command  looks  back in the file, which records all logins and logouts, for information about a user, a teletype or any group of users
       and teletypes.  Arguments specify names of users or teletypes of interest.  Names of teletypes can be  given  fully  or	abbreviated.   For
       example `last 0' is the same as `last tty0'.

If  multiple  arguments are given, the information that applies to any of the arguments is printed.  For example, `last root console' lists
       all of "root's" sessions as well as all sessions on the console terminal.

The command prints the sessions of the specified users and teletypes, most recent first, indicating the times at which the  session  began,
       the  duration  of  the  session, and the teletype on which the session took place.  If the session is ongoing or was cut short by a reboot,
       indicates that this is so.

The pseudo-user reboot logs in at reboots of the system.  Therefore, the following example gives an indication of mean time between reboot:
       last reboot

The command with no arguments prints a record of all logins and logouts, in reverse order.

If is interrupted, it indicates how far the search has progressed in If interrupted with a quit signal (generated by a <CTRL/E>)  indicates
       how far the search has progressed so far, and the search continues.

Options
       -N   Limits the number of output lines to the specified number.

Files
       /usr/adm/wtmp
			   login data base

/usr/adm/shutdownlog
			   records that shutdowns occurred and why

See Also
       wtmp(5), ac(8), lastcomm(1)

last(1)