Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch script executes twice
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Batch script executes twice Post 302486801 by Hammadi dali on Monday 10th of January 2011 10:25:27 AM
Old 01-10-2011
Can you post your script here, to have a look to it ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

root executes a script as another user

we have this script that stops, starts and monitor process scheduler. prcs_control. this script runs perfectly when executed by ps_user. we are now creating a new script that will run this script and is executed by root. this script needs to execute the prcs_control as ps_user because root can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tads98
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab and shell script that executes a sql.

Problem: I have a crontab and when it kicks off, xxx.sh shell script is called. Which has a nohup sqlplus session call. Problem is sql does not get executed and a text file is not getting created. Only a empty log file is getting created. Are there any constraints for crontab to open a sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

root executes a script as another user

Hi All, Am using the below command to start my application using the root user su - bin -c "/home/bin/test/start.sh" but am getting the error becaue i have set some environment varibales in bin's .profile when i execute the command start.sh by logging directly into bin account it's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sri24
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script executes too long than expected

Below is my script code which filters failed logins from existing and non-existing users from the server. The problem is, it takes longer to execute and complete than expected. Anyone here can edit the script to speed up its execution. #!/bin/bash LIST=`cat $1` for i in $LIST do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script - 'quit' never executes

I have wrote a script to get a very large encrypted file from a remote ftp server to a local debian box. The file downloads successfully, but the script never exits, or quits. None of code executes after the ftp get command. The file is approx 291M Here is the code: !/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstrahm
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script executes some time but not always.

I have following script to send email when a USB is attached. #!/bin/bash NUMBER=`/bin/cat /u/numberoflines` LINES=`/usr/bin/wc -l < /var/log/messages` DIFFERENCE=$(($LINES-$NUMBER)) if ; then tail -n $DIFFERENCE /var/log/messages |while read line do if $( echo $line | grep --quiet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script partially executes??

Hi All, I am calling a shell script from another shell script, however, it only executes part of it (the echo commands only). What could be some causes for that? For example: ShellScriptA.sh: ... ... ... . ShellScriptB.sh ShellScriptB.sh contents: echo date echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will shell script executes in sequence

I have a shell script scheduled in cron job to run at every 1 minute which transfers files to remote machine and then move the files to backup folder. cd /u01/app/ftp_tmp sftp user@hostname <<-EOF cd /home/user/ftp mput * bye EOF mv /u01/app/ftp_tmp/* /u01/app/ftp_bkp Now the problem is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhavi
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash executes first part of script but not second

My bash below verifies the integrity of all .bam in a directory and writes the out output to a .txt file. That is part one of the script that works. The second part of the bash searches each one of the .txt files for a string "(SUCCESS)" and if found display a message and if it is not found... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
pbs(1B) 								PBS								   pbs(1B)

NAME
pbs - general information on pbs DESCRIPTION
PBS stands for Portable Batch System. It is a networked subsystem for submitting, monitoring, and controlling a work load of batch jobs on one or more systems. More information about PBS is available in the PBS Users Guide. Batch means that the job will be scheduled for execution at a time chosen by the subsystem according to a defined policy and the availabil- ity of resources. For a normal batch job, the standard output and standard error of the job will be returned to files available to the user when the job is complete. This differs from an interactive session where commands are executed when entered via the terminal and output is returned directly to the terminal. PBS also supports an interactive batch mode where the input and output is connected to the user's terminal, but the scheduling of the job is still under control of the batch system. A job is typically a shell script and a set of attributes which provide resource and control information about the job. A job does not have to be submitted on the system where it will run, tt can be submitted on any system with the PBS commands and access to the execution system, see qsub(1B). Output will be returned to the system from which the job was submitted unless directed otherwise. Attributes offer control over when a job is eligible to be run, what happens to the output when it is completed and how the user is noti- fied when it completes. The attributes of the job may be specified on the command line or in the job script when the job is submitted. For information about job attributes, see qsub(1B) and pbs_job_attributes(7B). One important attribute is the resource list. The list specifies the amount and type of resources needed by the job in order to execute. The list also implies a hard upper limit on usage of those resources. When the limit is reached, the job is terminated. The types of resources available to a job vary with the system architecture. For a list of resources supported on the default system, see pbs_resources(7B). There are man pages for other systems types as well, see pbs_resources_aix4(7B), pbs_resources_fujitsu(7B), pbs_resources_irix5(7B), pbs_resources_solaris5(7B), pbs_resources_sp2(7B), pbs_resources_sunos4(7B), or pbs_resources_unicos8(7B). Once a job has been submitted, it may be monitored by use of the qstat(1B) command. Two forms of output are available with the qstat com- mand. The default form is the short display. Information about a job is limited to a single line. Complete information about the job or jobs is available through qstat with the -f option. Information will be given about all jobs in the system, all jobs in specified queues, or only specified jobs. When displaying status of jobs, you will see in which queue the job resides. In PBS a queue is just a collection point for jobs, it does not imply any execution ordering. That ordering is determined by a scheduling policy implemented by the system administration. Other commands of interest which have man pages of their own are: qalter Alter a job's attributes. qdel Delete a job. qhold Place a hold on a job to keep it from being scheduled for running. qmove Move a job to a different queue or server. qmsg Append a message to the output of an executing job. qrerun Terminate an executing job and return it to a queue. qrls Remove a hold from a job. qselect Obtain a list of jobs that met certain criteria. qsig Send a signal to an executing job. SEE ALSO
qalter(1B), qdel(1B), qhold(1B), qmove(1B), qmsg(1B), qrerun(1B), qrls(1B), qselect(1B), qsig(1B), qsub(1B) and the PBS User Guide. Start- ing with qsub(1B), you can find all other available PBS man pages by following references in the "See Also" section. Local pbs(1B)