Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL - traverse sub directories and get test case results Post 302486549 by m.d.ludwig on Sunday 9th of January 2011 10:04:55 AM
Old 01-09-2011
I thought it would be perl. :-)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fastest way to traverse through large directories

Hi! I have thousands of sub-directories, and hundreds of thousands of files in them. What is the fast way to find out which files are older than a certain date? Is the "find" command the fastest? Or is there some other way? Right now I have a C script that traverses through and checks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedharange
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Different results from awk, sed, tr in different directories???

I cannot explain why it gives different results when I try the awk, sed, tr command combination with the same input. (aondufd1)psoftfs:/aon/dev/psoft/FSTST88/autosys>echo ${MailFile} + echo mfint003pr.in1* mfint003pr.in1* (aondufd1)psoftfs:/aon/dev/psoft/FSTST88/autosys/scripts>echo ${MailFile}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james_falco
2 Replies

3. Programming

Ignore case in a test?

How do I ignore the case in an if condition..? EDIT: I put this in the wrong board...this is a linux script. if then echo "Same name." else echo "Different name." fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find in given path do not want to traverse to its sub-directories

Hi All, My UNIX Version is: OS Name Release Version AIX appma538 3 5 I want to find certain files with some criterias under the given path. At the same time i want to find the files which resides under the given directory, but normal find traverse to its sub-directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

OS X 'find' nogroup/nouser doesn't traverse directories?

flamingo:~ joliver$ sudo find / -nogroup find: /dev/fd/4: No such file or directory find: /home: No such file or directory find: /Library: No such file or directory find: /net: No such file or directory find: /Network: No such file or directory find: /private: No such file or directory find:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to test for both upper and lower case directories

I am trying to get a script to print out whether a directory is lowercase uppercase or both. This is what I've got so far: echo -e read "enter name" read server for DIR in $(find /tmp/$server -type d -prune | sed 's/\.\///g');do if expr match "$server" "*$" > /dev/null; then echo "$server -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traverse through directories

Hi all, Require help in completing a shell script. i do have a total of 90 directories where in we have different sub-directories and one of the sub directory named logs I need to go inside the logs subdirectory and check if a particular log is present or not. for example below is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar t
3 Replies