Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: openboot promt on Solaris VM
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers openboot promt on Solaris VM Post 302486521 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 9th of January 2011 06:13:14 AM
Old 01-09-2011
OBP is for sparc, vmware and vbox are virtualizer software for x86 hardware. so no, there is no OBP in an x86 virtualized environment.
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change date on OpenBoot

hi all, I wonder how to change the date and timezone in OpenBoot prompt. Appreciate any idea. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrec
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Get openboot version without going to PROM

Hi there How do i get the openboot version from within solaris 8-sparc. i cant seem to run "banner" or ".version" using eeprom cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

3. Solaris

OpenBoot OEM Logo

If you have a graphic display you see some sort of logo in OpenBoot immediately after a reset or when you run the banner command. With most systems, you see a spiffy multicolor logo generated by a routine on the video card. But if you have a low-rent video card you just see a plain monochrome Sun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
2 Replies

4. Solaris

OpenBoot Simulator

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible find a openboot simulator for solaris to can practice some exercices Thanks a lot and sorry for my english! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Openboot does not display

Hey guys I just inherited a sun netra 210 from an old Avaya system we had setup and I want to use i for studying for my SCSA/OCA exams but I'm running into alot of problems installing SOL 10 on here. I have no experience with SUN hardware at all but familiar with Solaris. It has SOL 9 but no one... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackmantis
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

when i use ssh in my shell script it will promt for a password :(

when i use ssh in my ssh in my shell script it is promt for the password my command is ssh user@server ls -l >log.txt can some one suggest if i am doing wrong. i dont want the script will prompt for a password promt. my requirement is the shell script will take the password inside the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
2 Replies

7. Solaris

how to get to openboot through ssh putty?

hi, iīm trying to get openboot through ssh putty, could you tell me the way because i donīt have a sun keyboard.. thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
3 Replies

8. Solaris

grub> promt when installing Solaris 11

Hi, I am trying to install Solaris 11 to my new Intel DN2800MT motherboard with an integrated Intel Atom D2800 CPU. I am installing the OS using an USB image downloaded from Oracle web site (e.g. Oracle Solaris 11 Downloads) and prepared using the Solaris usbcopy utility. When I select to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Update OpenBoot Prom from CD

Hello, I have a sun v880 that i got from ebay for cheap as a way to to learn Solaris and sun hardware in general. The machine currently has OBP 4.7.0 2002/10/25 and i was wondering if there was a way to update the prom with out and active solaris install, as currently when i proceed with the... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvibien
29 Replies
VMSYNC(9)							   Open VM Tools							 VMSYNC(9)

NAME
vmsync - vmware kernel module SYNOPSIS
modprobe vmsync DESCRIPTION
This is a Linux kernel module. It isn't backed by a virtual hardware device, so it must be loaded manually. It is depended on by vmware-guestd(8), so ideally it should be loaded prior to starting vmware-guestd(8) (though vmware-guestd(8) can function without it). This module is used for freezing and thawing the filesystem. OPTIONS
vmsync has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmsync and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMSYNC(9)