Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ?Invalid Command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ?Invalid Command Post 302486471 by m.d.ludwig on Saturday 8th of January 2011 08:13:54 PM
Old 01-08-2011
And since I cannot read the script and the error message from your system Smilie, can you please provide them here?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

op is invalid

In the following code a= echo $? echo $? Why the op is (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid Command Name

I have telnet to a machine and executed some commands in it. pls see below : #!/usr/bin/expect spawn telnet 170.10.11.1 2100 expect "login:" send username\r expect "password:" send password\r expect "$" send "touch filetest\r" expect "$" send exit\r expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharsan23
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

invalid null command

#! /bin/csh set pattern = "" set deli = | foreach i ( `cat pattern`) set pattern = "$pattern$deli$i" end all i want to accomplish is create a string a|b|c, but instead I got an invalid null command error, thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server config

I have Apache v2.0.63 on Solaris 10 (x86 on VM). While starting the apache server, facing the following exception - Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration Googling says to add the entry LoadModule authz_host_module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec perl in expect script yields "invalid command"

I'm trying to execute something like this: exec perl -i -pe 's/\015/\012/g' '${file}' in my expect script and I get: error "invalid command name \"perl\". however, if I run perl -i -pe 's/\015/\012/g' "/Users/Shared/menu-items.txt" directly in my terminal, it runs fine. I'm an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpouliot
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - Invalid command

Hi All, OS - Linux I wrote a ftp program to download a file. the file is downloading successfully, but a negative message is prompting. i placed set -vx in code to trace. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -vx st_date=$(date) Logfile=/home/user/ftp_dwnload.$st_date.log cd /home/usr/data/ print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid null command error

Hi, I have this script which gives me output as Invalid null command set recent_file=`grep '^-.*xlsx$' $FTP_LOG |\ sed -e 's/Jan/1/g' \ -e 's/Feb/2/g' \ -e 's/Mar/3/g' \ -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop read command and print valid invalid states.?

My question is how would i loop a read command to keep asking the user for input and eventually print the no. of valid invalid inputs after a specified control input typed i.e. (-3). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Flowoftruth
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Eeprom security-mode=command cause invalid login

Hi there, In Solaris 8. I have accidentally set the eeprom security-mode=command because I followed the CIS benchmark guideline. Initally, it was eeprom security-mode=none. I have tried to login with the correct password numerous time and it still say permission denied. I have tried to login... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
4 Replies
SHCOMP(1)						       Korn shell utilities							 SHCOMP(1)

NAME
shcomp - compile a shell script SYNOPSIS
shcomp [ options ] [infile [outfile]] DESCRIPTION
Unless -D is specified, shcomp takes a shell script, infile, and creates a binary format file, outfile, that ksh can read and execute with the same effect as the original script. Since aliases are processed as the script is read, alias definitions whose value requires variable expansion will not work correctly. If -D is specified, all double quoted strings that are preceded by $ are output. These are the messages that need to be translated to locale specific versions for internationalization. If outfile is omitted, then the results will be written to standard output. If infile is also omitted, the shell script will be read from standard input. OPTIONS
[D dictionary] Generate a list of strings that need to be placed in a message catalog for internationalization. [n noexec] Displays warn- ing messages for obsolete or non-conforming constructs. [v verbose] Displays input from infile onto standard error as it reads it. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. SEE ALSO
ksh(1) IMPLEMENTATION
version shcomp (AT&T Research) 2003-03-02 author David Korn <dgk@research.att.com> copyright Copyright (c) 1982-2010 AT&T Intellectual Property license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl1.0.txt 2003-03-02 SHCOMP(1)