Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How do i update my firefox.
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How do i update my firefox. Post 302486403 by artem.sofs on Saturday 8th of January 2011 09:59:26 AM
Old 01-08-2011
if u update then upgrade your ubuntu linux, i think it will upgrade firefoxxx...

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

---------- Post updated at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:58 PM ----------

U use proxy to connect internet?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Update Existing Firefox

Hi all, How to update the existing firefox in RHEL? and if wanna remove firefox completely then how we can do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Install update 6 on solaris with update 3

I want to update my solaris 10 server which is currently on update 3 stage. A new application require it to be on update 6. What is the best way to make it update 6. should i just install the patch or should i go for the liveupgrade?? thanks for you help in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Pkgadd with firefox

I am using Solaris 10, and trying to keep a number of old Sun workstations running. Since version 17 of firefox, I have had problems using pkgadd, and had to use tar to un-archive the components of firefox. Is this just a problem with firefox (and probably thunderbird), or is pkgadd broken (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkoval
1 Replies

4. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to update Solaris 10 Update 3 to Update 11?

Hi friends, We have a Solaris machine running 10 update 3 -bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
APT-BUILD(1)						      General Commands Manual						      APT-BUILD(1)

NAME
apt-build - Fetch sources and build packages optimized for your architecture. SYNOPSIS
apt-build [ options ] [ update ] [ upgrade ] [ world ] [ install pkg ] [ remove pkg ] [ info pkg ] DESCRIPTION
apt-build is an apt-get frontend to build and install architecture optimized packages. COMMANDS
update Retrieve new lists of packages upgrade Perform an upgrade world Rebuild your system install Build and install new packages source Download and extract source in the build directory info Info on a package which could be built remove Remove packages clean-build Erase built packages clean-sources Call debian/rules clean in source directories build-source Build source without installing them update-source Update sources and rebuild them if they are missing in the repository build-repository Rebuild the repository OPTIONS
--help Shows help --nowrapper Do not use the gcc wrapper --remove-builddep Remove build-dependencies installed by apt-build --no-source Don't download source --build-dir Specify build-dir --build-only Build package only --rebuild Rebuild a package --reinstall Build and install an already installed package --build-command <command> Use this command to build package --patch <file> Apply this patch before build (you can use this option one or several times) --patch-strip, -p <number> Prefix to strip on patch (0 = -p0, 1 = -p1 ...) --yes, -y Assume yes --purge Use purge instead of remove --noupdate Do not run 'apt-get update' before package installation --sources-list Specify sources.list file --apt-get Specify an alternative apt-get command --apt-cache Specify an alternative apt-cache command --force-yes Force yes --source Do not download source (sources are extracted already) --repository-dir Specify the repository directory --target-release Distribution to fetch packages from --config Specify an alternative configuration file --version, -v Show version BUGS
Many. AUTHOR
apt-build was written by Julien Danjou <acid@debian.org> with many contributors. 3rd Berkeley Distribution November 2003 APT-BUILD(1)