Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Permissions issue with webserver and svn Post 302486362 by tristezo2k on Saturday 8th of January 2011 01:28:22 AM
Old 01-08-2011
Not sure to understand your issue, but, if you suspect permission problems, su to the user and try to write at that directory.
Code:
su - www-data ; cd /path ; touch test_www-data
su - ubuntu; cd /path ; touch test_ubuntu

if both works, the problem is elsewhere.
Btw, why do you want both to write at the same dir?
Regards
Sebastian

Last edited by Scott; 01-08-2011 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

group permissions/webserver

Hi, there is one strange situation with directory permissions that I run into every now and then, and now I face it a gain with a webserver. Situation (example): drwxrwsr-x 14 user www-data 4096 Jul 28 11:06 . drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Jul 28 11:06 subdir -rwxr-xr-x 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doozer
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Issue with setup.hp file for webserver

Hi All, I have an issue in writing the shell script to install a webserver on UNIX system. My shell script look something like this. ------------------------------------------------------------ echo "start of the script" #! /bin/sh cd /home/path echo | setup.hp -is:javaconsole -console... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishalm
1 Replies

3. Linux

permissions issue

We are trying to run a program on a Red Hat ES3 machine that works fine under root user but not as any other user. I believe its getting denied access to the USB ports (which this program needs), Does anyone know how i can open up access to the USB ports on a machine to all users. Thanks, Frank (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

SVN subversion performance issue.

Hello to everyone, I am having svn performace issue. Whenever i am doing svn checkout it's slower on one machine than other Xen machine. I will try to explain what is goin on here. I have 3 machine and all three running linux (Centos 5) Machine A is running Svn server. Machine B... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
6 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

SVN user permissions trouble

I am trying to add a user to my SVN server that can only access one of about a dozen repositories I have set up. Here are the files that I think need changed and what I have set them to. No matter what I try with these files I am unable to see the results I am after. In the end I want this new... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benn600
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to integrate SVN client to SVN server repository.

Hi, I am new to SVN configuration on Solaris 10.I have installed SVN client version 1.7. bash-3.00# ./svn --version svn, version 1.7.4 (r1295709) compiled Mar 2 2012, 12:59:36 Here my requirement is how to integrate svn client to One of the SVN server repository. My repository... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with svn update using cron job.

I want to update svn code using a nightly job using cron, i have created a job in cron as, 30 17-19 * * 1-5 /home/saprab/svnUpdate.sh <branch> <svnusername> <svnpassword> >> <logfile> 2>&1 svnUpdate.sh : =============== #!/bin/bash branch=$1 svnuser=$2 svnpass=$3 cd ${branch}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Permissions issue

Hello, I'm having an issue with a directory that is used to forward Windows logs. I have a user account on Windows servers that uses SCP to put logs on my Solaris 10 server. A appliance called LogLogic then takes the logs from my server and stores them. I need to have have group read so the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Svn export issue

Hi all, When i do "svn export <URL of the specific file in svn>" it gives me file which is of older version instead of a file which is of latest or current working version. On the other hand, "svn co <URL of the directory in svn>" It gives me latest version committed files and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnsjw702
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making post down hook script for svn regarding sending emails after an file is committed in svn

Hi Folks , I am asking this question but i apologise please if this is not the correct forum , I have to develop a shell script that i want to place in at hooks/post-commit , that is basically i have to develop a post hook script and the main functionality of that script would be lets say if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsun06060606
0 Replies
ubuntu-upload-permission(1)				      General Commands Manual				       ubuntu-upload-permission(1)

NAME
ubuntu-upload-permission - Query upload rights and (optionally) list the people and teams with upload rights for a package SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-upload-permission [options] package DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-upload-permission checks if the user has upload permissions for package. If the --list-uploaders option is provided, all the people and teams that do have upload rights for package will be listed. OPTIONS
-r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Query permissions in RELEASE. Default: current development release. -a, --list-uploaders List all the people and teams who have upload rights for package. -t, --list-team-members List all the members of every team with rights. (Implies --list-uploaders) -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXIT STATUS
0 You have the necessary upload rights. 1 You don't have the necessary upload rights. 2 There was an error. AUTHORS
ubuntu-upload-permission and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools November 2011 ubuntu-upload-permission(1)