Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Monitoring CPU Usage with SNMP Post 302486341 by frank_rizzo on Friday 7th of January 2011 08:25:58 PM
Old 01-07-2011
Have you reviewed the MIB documentation?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring CPU usage on AIX 5.3 with SNMP

Hi I would like to monitor CPU usage ( %) , memory utilization and such on an AIX 5.3 with snmp. How would I do that ? :confused: If I do "snmpwalk -c public -v1 hosttomonitor" I get nothing about the CPU. I've done this on Linux ( not much trouble doing it on linux ) but I'm having a hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring cpu usage of mysql processes/threads/queries without any tool

hi all, i want to monitor mysql processes/threads/queries with respect to cpu usage.how can i do it? show processlist is of no use as no information abt cpu usage is given. plz help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitmahambre
7 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

temp monitoring via SNMP

Hi, I am trying to monitor temperature of telecom devices of avaya and polycom. I have setup SNMP. can somebody help me to know what are the requirements to have a SNMP command working for this thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhash Chauhan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Snmp Process Monitoring Issue

Can someone please explain to me how come snmpwalk doesn't always find a running process that's on a remote server? I prefer to use snmp to monitor processes remotely because this doesn't require me to put a script on that remote box. but the problem is, there are times that my snmp command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP Monitoring

Hi, I have below IP address configured in my server. Recently i installed SNMP in Linux 64x bit. While checking the snmp using snmpwalk i get Time out error for all IP except loopback IP(127.0.0.1). How to make all my IPs listen to SNMP eth0 BOOTPROTO=static DEVICE=eth0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paulwintech
1 Replies
install::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::apiUserRContribuinstall::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::api::APR::ThreadMutex(3)

NAME
APR::ThreadMutex - Perl API for APR thread mutexes Synopsis use APR::ThreadMutex (); my $mutex = APR::ThreadMutex->new($r->pool); $mutex->lock; $mutex->unlock; $mutex->trylock; Description "APR::ThreadMutex" interfaces APR thread mutexes. API
"APR::ThreadMutex" provides the following functions and/or methods: Unsupported API "APR::ThreadMutex" also provides auto-generated Perl interface for a few other methods which aren't tested at the moment and therefore their API is a subject to change. These methods will be finalized later as a need arises. If you want to rely on any of the following methods please contact the the mod_perl development mailing list so we can help each other take the steps necessary to shift the method to an officially supported API. "DESTROY" META: Autogenerated - needs to be reviewed/completed Destroy the mutex and free the memory associated with the lock. $mutex->DESTROY(); obj: $mutex ( "APR::ThreadMutex object" ) the mutex to destroy. ret: no return value since: subject to change "lock" META: Autogenerated - needs to be reviewed/completed Acquire the lock for the given mutex. If the mutex is already locked, the current thread will be put to sleep until the lock becomes available. $ret = $mutex->lock(); obj: $mutex ( "APR::ThreadMutex object" ) the mutex on which to acquire the lock. ret: $ret ( integer ) since: subject to change "new" Create a new mutex my $mutex = APR::ThreadMutex->new($p); obj: "APR::ThreadMutex" ( class name ) arg1: $p ( "APR::Pool object" ) ret: $mutex ( "APR::ThreadMutex object" ) since: subject to change "pool_get" META: Autogenerated - needs to be reviewed/completed META: should probably be renamed to pool(), like all other pool accessors Get the pool used by this thread_mutex. $ret = $obj->pool_get(); obj: $obj ( "APR::ThreadMutex object" ) ret: $ret ( "APR::Pool object" ) apr_pool_t the pool since: subject to change "trylock" META: Autogenerated - needs to be reviewed/completed Attempt to acquire the lock for the given mutex. If the mutex has already been acquired, the call returns immediately with APR_EBUSY. Note: it is important that the APR_STATUS_IS_EBUSY(s) macro be used to determine if the return value was APR_EBUSY, for portability reasons. $ret = $mutex->trylock(); obj: $mutex ( "APR::ThreadMutex object" ) the mutex on which to attempt the lock acquiring. ret: $ret (integer) since: subject to change "unlock" META: Autogenerated - needs to be reviewed/completed Release the lock for the given mutex. $ret = $mutex->unlock(); obj: $mutex ( "APR::ThreadMutex object" ) the mutex from which to release the lock. ret: $ret ( integer ) since: subject to change See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.18.2 2install::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::api::APR::ThreadMutex(3)