Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Recommendations on Unix Distro Post 302486310 by pludi on Friday 7th of January 2011 05:16:57 PM
Old 01-07-2011
As always with those questions: it depends. What skills do you want to learn? What direction do you want to go in your job? Do you want to use the installation for everyday, or for a server? A firewall?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recommendations for a convert

I'm on my way, I've seen the light and it's not a train at the other end of the tunnel :) What tutorial or manual or reference point(s) would you recommend for an experienced DOS and CP/M type, who wants to learn the command equivalents within Unix? I have a good understanding of program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Hardware Recommendations pls

Hello, I'm a Computer Engineering student at Portland State University and am seriously trying to broaden my horizons in UNIX. My goal is to eventually become an excellent sys admin, but alas...I'm just starting off on this path. I am relatively new (though not unexposed) to UNIX and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyron5
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

your recommendations

Hi all, I'm trying to teach myself shell programming and scripting. What are good introduction level programming and/or scripting books that you recommend? I will gather your suggestions into a list and check out the IT-related sections of the nearest Barnes & Noble stores. Or if you could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antalexi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Live Unix Distro Help...

Hello, I was just looking for some help on Unix distros that don't affect my hard disk. Basically what I am looking for is a distro that has all your programming needs (so I can program in Unix) and the basic functions of an OS. I would also like it to include python if possible. BTW, is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhab
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help to choose unix distro

what unix could you advice to me for following purposes? -browsing web -reading text information -listening to music (mp3/ogg/tracker modules) -watcing movies (rare) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacevoid8
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh(Unix Distro) script

ok so i am writing in VI. Basically i am writing a script which does the following 1.) creates a file name as: `hostname.`date '+%d%m%y_%H%M'.1.html 2.) echos some html tags >> to the same file name 3.) takes info from command showrev -p and then >> to the same file 4.) echos closing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon002
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstall recommendations?

I'm currently running 32-bit Xubuntu 8.10 and I'm thinking of changing over to 64-bit Ubuntu 9.04. Any recommendations on how to make this go more smoothly? -----Post Update----- Can I shuffle around the partitions and install it as a second OS? Is there a good way to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis https://youtu.be/doa9sA6q9Uw With so many great flavors of Linux to choose from, we asked our UNIX.com members what is their favorite Linux distro and why. Here are the results: What is your favorite Linux distro? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)