Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux command to show bps, pps on a given interface? Post 302486297 by Lazydog on Friday 7th of January 2011 03:57:16 PM
Old 01-07-2011
have a look at iptraf for network traffic

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

used PPs not match the total disk space showed by df

Hi, I see from lsvg the total used PPs is 1050 (67200 megabytes), but when I check the disk space with df command I can only see 31G total space, can somebody tell how this come? Thanks! Victor # lsvg rootvg # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to show only process name

Can I modify the grep command to show only a process name? Currently I run ps -efa | grep chk_web to get the following: mousr 3395 1 0 09:36:06 pts/10 0:00 sh /var/opt/scripts/chk_web.sh Can this be changed in any way to get only: /var/opt/scripts/chk_web.sh or chk_web.sh. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command not to show specific file

Hi I have a directory in which I am having files like 20101227abc1234 20101226def5678 20101227abc.gz I want to list files with abc as a part of its filename but .gz files. So my output should be 20101227abc1234 only and not 20101227abc1234 and 20101227abc.gz both. Is there any way I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there command to show the fs on a directory?

On Solaris, is there a command which can show the file system of a specific directory? In a script, i need to figure out whether a directory or its parent directory is mounted as "NFS". Is there a easy way to figure it out? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Show complete command on command line when we use 'ps'

Hi, When I query using ps -ef, the complete command is not displayed and is truncated. Can you please tell me a method to resolve this ? I have tried the below. ps -ef | cat ps -ef | grep imp >/tmp/t1.txt /usr/ucb/ps -auxw pargs <pid> /usr/ucb/ps -aefyl | grep imp Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk1216
11 Replies

7. AIX

Command to show HMC of this lpar?

Does anyone know of a command that can be run on the lpar to show the name of the lpars managing HMC? We have a large environment and records a little old on which HMC manages which lpars....if i could login to an lpar and just issue a command to show me its managing hmc that would be great. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Foiled
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Average pps and how to discover cause

How many pps (packets per second) roughly can average server user maximum use? I mean if its normal to have like 100 000 pps a few VPS users there have around 100,000 - 900,000pps there has been bans for DoS. PS: how pps value can be discovered and how tracked to causing process? thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
0 Replies

9. AIX

Stale PPs in AIX, failed disks.. how to replace?

I have a AIX 7.1 system that has 3 failed disks, 1 in rootvg and 2 in vg_usr1. Here is the output of lspv. # lspv hdisk0 00044d4dfbb11575 vg_usr1 active hdisk1 0000150179158027 vg_usr1 active hdisk2 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to show alias name for ipaddress

command to show alias name for ipaddress for example: nslookup 192.168.1.10 Name: webqa.com Address: 192.168.1.10 Aliases: info.com I don't think this question needs high expertise. Moved from "UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users" Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghur77
1 Replies
LWP::Debug(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     LWP::Debug(3)

NAME
LWP::Debug - deprecated DESCRIPTION
LWP::Debug used to provide tracing facilities, but these are not used by LWP any more. The code in this module is kept around (undocumented) so that 3rd party code that happen to use the old interfaces continue to run. One useful feature that LWP::Debug provided (in an imprecise and troublesome way) was network traffic monitoring. The following section provide some hints about recommened replacements. Network traffic monitoring The best way to monitor the network traffic that LWP generates is to use an external TCP monitoring program. The Wireshark program (<http://www.wireshark.org/>) is higly recommended for this. Another approach it to use a debugging HTTP proxy server and make LWP direct all its traffic via this one. Call "$ua->proxy" to set it up and then just use LWP as before. For less precise monitoring needs just setting up a few simple handlers might do. The following example sets up handlers to dump the request and response objects that pass through LWP: use LWP::UserAgent; $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new; $ua->default_header('Accept-Encoding' => scalar HTTP::Message::decodable()); $ua->add_handler("request_send", sub { shift->dump; return }); $ua->add_handler("response_done", sub { shift->dump; return }); $ua->get("http://www.example.com"); SEE ALSO
LWP::UserAgent perl v5.12.1 2009-06-15 LWP::Debug(3)