Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting format log file and send in email. Post 302486248 by tapia on Friday 7th of January 2011 01:30:11 PM
Old 01-07-2011
format log file and send in email.

Hi guys i have one script which is as below

Code:
do 
some sqlplus output in to $LOG
sed '/^$/d' $LOG > /tmp/job.log
mv /tmp/job.log $LOG
awk '{if ($5=="COMPLETED") {print "backup completed at "$3" "$4 " of " $6 " for " d>> "/home/email.log" } else  {print "check backup for " d}}' d="$ORACLE_SID" $LOG
done
cat $EMAIL | mailx -s "STATUS" xxx@yyy.com
done

$EMAIL has output like below

Code:
backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 20:50:16 of DB for xx01q1
backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 21:01:24 of ARCHIVELOG for xx01q1
backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 21:26:36 of DB for xx02q1
backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 21:31:25 of ARCHIVELOG for xx02q1

and when it comes in email ..it comes like below ,,it comes like paragraph in 3 line.

Code:
backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 20:50:16 of DB for xx01q1 backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 21:01:24 of ARCHIVELOG for xx01q1 backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 21:26:36 of DB for xx02q1 backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 21:31:25 of ARCHIVELOG for xx02q1

I want the format like below both in EMAIL.log and outlook email.

Code:
backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 20:50:16 of  DB                                                             for xx01q1
backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 21:01:24 of  ARCHIVELOG  for xx01q1
backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 21:26:36 of  DB                                                             for xx02q1
backup completed at 06-JAN-2011 21:31:25 of  ARCHIVELOG  for xx02q1

please I need your help guys.

any command we can fix it so it comes very decent in outlook and both in file.
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please use code tags when posting data and code samples!

Last edited by vgersh99; 01-07-2011 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to send a file in email

a file is created on a daily basis in the name xyz_pqr_20071207.dat.i want to send the file as an attachment if the file contains more than 50 records.how can i write a script such that it will transmit the file after the file is created.i want to sed the file to say asdf@xyz.com. please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse the file and send email

Hi Experts, I am writing a script in which i want to parse the file and send the emails to some email-id's. The problem is like this-- I use to get some emails on saturday and sunday's but we do not work on these days. So what i want to do is forward those emails to some email id's. I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to send email as HTML format with attachment ?

hi.. Could somebody help me how to sent an attachment using sendmail command and the content is HTML format ?. Below is my code to sent the email as HTML but i do not know how to sent the attachment, please help me To: "BAHARIN HASAN"<baharin.hasan@gmail.com> from: "DATAONE SDN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
4 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How can you send a file over Ip.NOT EMAIL

So I was just wondering... Is there a way to send a file directly to the computer..... Ive never gotten the answer and I want to know how, I keep running in to a wall :wall:. Why you may ask, well really for security reasons due to the fact that if this is done via a port I want to make sure to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orszhak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send an email from batch file

My batch files run every day, it moves files from servers to my local computer, can I have a confirmation email sent to me from this batch file saying if the job failed or successes? Thank you for your help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send Email To Windows OS Preserving The Format

I am trying to send an email using mailx and mutt commands with a body inside it. For some reason all the lines in the body are coming as one line, i figured it's not the issue with mailx/mutt but with line feed & carriage returns. So I tried adding carriage returns with below command based on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required to get out put of log in tabular format in email body

Dears Please support I have out put in text file and look like below fixed inquiries - Click on MAX suffix http://server:port/app User Details http://server:port/app Audit User Detail Action hhttp://server:port/app fixed inquiries - Click on MAX suffix http://server:port/app User Details ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an email if "No such file or directory" in the shell script program log in EBS concur

Hi All, I have the below code(.sh) and need to send an email. #!/bin/bash cp /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat /u02/xxc_archive_incoming/AMER7764_ARPP_2/ cat /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat > /u02/xxc_incoming/XXC_TEST.dat rm /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat cd $XXC_TOP/bin sqlldr userid=apps/<pwd> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mist123
12 Replies