Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) "Permission Denied" while modifying mounted files on MAC Post 302486110 by akash.mahakode on Friday 7th of January 2011 03:53:26 AM
Old 01-07-2011
Hi,

On FreeBSD- following is the permission
Code:
drwxr-xr-x  4 userBSD  wheel        512 Jan  4 03:08 hello2

On Mac-
I will mount the above directory as userMac

-akash

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

permission denied for ". " (dot space)

Hi, When I try to run a script with ". "(dot space) in my home, it gives me error ".: Permission denied". Any explanation for this behaviour? Thanks in advance, -Ashish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing password with sudo user " permission denied"

HI All, I am using solaris i created a user adam and updated his permissions in vi sudoers file as follows adam ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWORD: ALL ........... when i create user by logging as sudo user . $ sudo useradd -d /home/kalyan -m -s /bin/sh kalyan sudo: not found ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

EACCES "Permission denied" while open(2)

guest@ulidtko:~$ id uid=126(guest) gid=134(guest) groups=134(guest) guest@ulidtko:~$ ls -ld /home drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 May 12 19:47 /home guest@ulidtko:~$ ls -l /home ls: cannot open directory /home: Permission denied guest@ulidtko:~$ cat /proc/mounts rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulidtko
4 Replies

4. Solaris

BSM auditing issues, need to audit "permission denied"

Let me preface with I am semi-new to Solaris. I work with it in the labs at work and that's about my extent (although I run Linux at home). Well, a week ago security comes around with updated requirements, some of which are the need to audit all failures. For the life of me I cannot get a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph275
0 Replies

5. Linux

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
7 Replies

7. Solaris

"Permission denied" when changing IP netmask

hello everyone, I am new on unix systems. I am working with a Solaris 10 OS. When i try to change netmask on certain interface: I get: How can i enable permission for changing that ? I have administrator privileges. Your help is much appreciated. thanks, (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pablod76
13 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

"Permission denied" when trying to SSH my iPhone though password is correct

Hi, I hope this is the correct section in the forum to post as I'm trying to SSH from my MacBook. I was looking to see whether ssh on my jailbroken iPhone 6s (10.3.1) still works fine and was following this old reddit guide. I installed OpenSSH&OpenSSL from Cydia and changed the password using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hss1
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)