Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which Perl Module to use?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Which Perl Module to use? Post 302486082 by jisha on Friday 7th of January 2011 12:45:11 AM
Old 01-07-2011
CPU & Memory Which Perl Module to use?

Hi,

I need to read an excel binary file and write the data to a text file. Is it possible using Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.58 ? If not, is there any module available in CPAN to do this?

Thanks,
Js

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Perl Module name in all Perl scripts

I want to replace a Perl module name in all my Perl Scripts in the cgi-bin directory. How is it possible? I have the following statement in my scripts use myUtil; I want to change it to use myUtil777; Regards, Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module question

Couple questions on perl module.. 1)where is the best place on web where it tells you what modules can do? For example, use Text::Autoformat Where is the best place on line or via command line to find the exact capability of autoformat? 2)Is there already a perl module to read *.cap... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Module Help

Hi All, I am using a perl module Win32::AdminMisc in my perl script. When i running in activestate perl v5.10.0 it shows folling error --- Can't locate loadable object for module Win32::AdminMisc in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .) at example.pl Please reply. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suprcool
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Perl Module

I dont know if this is a dumb question, but I am unable to move ahead and need help - There is a perl module called Header.pm which was written by someone else. I am trying to write a simple perl script which uses a function provided by the module. The function has been exported by the module... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewDeb
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in writing perl module

Hi i have written a perl script which was then converted to perl module by me. it works as expected. but i have to put it on many servers so i want to build a package for it. i dont know how to do that. just to check i copied perl module in "lib" directory which is working. ( directly copied... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Module

Hi, Please help me!! Im wondering if anyone can help me with a problem i have with some perl modules. My problem is: I'm trying to connect remote host to a unix box from a windows machine. So i'm developing an application to do this. I'm programming it in perl with tcl/tk Gui interface.... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phi01
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl SSH without a perl module

I'm trying to create a perl script that will do 1 SSH session, but be able to write multiple commands to the session and receive multiple outputs. I know there are modules out there like Net:SSH::Perl, but I'm not allowed to use it. I was thinking of doing something like an open3 on an ssh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl module

I am recieiving an out of memory issue in my perl module while updating the records in the oracle table. Let me know what are the check or troubleshoot steps need to be done from my end to fix the issue. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script module

I took the copy of the production module to the home directory and executing the module. one of the test prdmsk.pm module is present in the home directory ctskk. would like to know whether the below syntax is correct. use strict; use lib "/home/ssprod/ctskk"; use lib::Prdmsk; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
0 Replies
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Cell(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Cell(3pm)

NAME
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Cell - A class for Cell data and formatting. SYNOPSIS
See the documentation for Spreadsheet::ParseExcel. DESCRIPTION
This module is used in conjunction with Spreadsheet::ParseExcel. See the documentation for Spreadsheet::ParseExcel. Methods The following Cell methods are available: $cell->value() $cell->unformatted() $cell->get_format() $cell->type() $cell->encoding() $cell->is_merged() $cell->get_rich_text() value() The "value()" method returns the formatted value of the cell. my $value = $cell->value(); Formatted in this sense refers to the numeric format of the cell value. For example a number such as 40177 might be formatted as 40,117, 40117.000 or even as the date 2009/12/30. If the cell doesn't contain a numeric format then the formatted and unformatted cell values are the same, see the "unformatted()" method below. For a defined $cell the "value()" method will always return a value. In the case of a cell with formatting but no numeric or string contents the method will return the empty string ''. unformatted() The "unformatted()" method returns the unformatted value of the cell. my $unformatted = $cell->unformatted(); Returns the cell value without a numeric format. See the "value()" method above. get_format() The "get_format()" method returns the Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Format object for the cell. my $format = $cell->get_format(); If a user defined format hasn't been applied to the cell then the default cell format is returned. type() The "type()" method returns the type of cell such as Text, Numeric or Date. If the type was detected as Numeric, and the Cell Format matches "m{^[dmy][-\/dmy]*$}i", it will be treated as a Date type. my $type = $cell->type(); See also "Dates and Time in Excel". encoding() The "encoding()" method returns the character encoding of the cell. my $encoding = $cell->encoding(); This method is only of interest to developers. In general Spreadsheet::ParseExcel will return all character strings in UTF-8 regardless of the encoding used by Excel. The "encoding()" method returns one of the following values: o 0: Unknown format. This shouldn't happen. In the default case the format should be 1. o 1: 8bit ASCII or single byte UTF-16. This indicates that the characters are encoded in a single byte. In Excel 95 and earlier This usually meant ASCII or an international variant. In Excel 97 it refers to a compressed UTF-16 character string where all of the high order bytes are 0 and are omitted to save space. o 2: UTF-16BE. o 3: Native encoding. In Excel 95 and earlier this encoding was used to represent multi-byte character encodings such as SJIS. is_merged() The "is_merged()" method returns true if the cell is merged. my $is_merged = $cell->is_merged(); Returns "undef" if the property isn't set. get_rich_text() The "get_rich_text()" method returns an array ref of font information about each string block in a "rich", i.e. multi-format, string. my $rich_text = $cell->get_rich_text(); The return value is an arrayref of arrayrefs in the form: [ [ $start_position, $font_object ], ..., ] Returns undef if the property isn't set. Dates and Time in Excel Dates and times in Excel are represented by real numbers, for example "Jan 1 2001 12:30 PM" is represented by the number 36892.521. The integer part of the number stores the number of days since the epoch and the fractional part stores the percentage of the day. A date or time in Excel is just like any other number. The way in which it is displayed is controlled by the number format: Number format $cell->value() $cell->unformatted() ============= ============== ============== 'dd/mm/yy' '28/02/08' 39506.5 'mm/dd/yy' '02/28/08' 39506.5 'd-m-yyyy' '28-2-2008' 39506.5 'dd/mm/yy hh:mm' '28/02/08 12:00' 39506.5 'd mmm yyyy' '28 Feb 2008' 39506.5 'mmm d yyyy hh:mm AM/PM' 'Feb 28 2008 12:00 PM' 39506.5 The Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Utility module contains a function called "ExcelLocaltime" which will convert between an unformatted Excel date/time number and a "localtime()" like array. For date conversions using the CPAN "DateTime" framework see DateTime::Format::Excel http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=DateTime-Format-Excel AUTHOR
Maintainer 0.40+: John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org Maintainer 0.27-0.33: Gabor Szabo szabgab@cpan.org Original author: Kawai Takanori kwitknr@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009-2010 John McNamara Copyright (c) 2006-2008 Gabor Szabo Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Kawai Takanori All rights reserved. You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. perl v5.10.1 2010-09-17 Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Cell(3pm)