Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pattern matching problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pattern matching problem Post 302486079 by mirfan on Friday 7th of January 2011 12:20:52 AM
Old 01-07-2011
pattern matching problem

Thanks for the replies.
But sometimes To field contains email addresses in multiple lines. but following listed commands printing only 1st line. e.g.

Code:
To: test@example.com, test1@example.com,
      test2@example.com, test3@example.com,
      test4@example.com,

how to print entire To: field emails.

Code:
test@example.com, test1@example.com,
test2@example.com, test3@example.com,
test4@example.com,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching problem

I have a file with the following contents; NEW 85174 MP081 /29OCT07 CNL 85986 MP098 /28OCT07 NEW 86014 MP098 /28OCT07 NEW 86051 MP097 /27OCT07 CNL 86084 MP097 /27OCT07 Now I have to retrieve all lines that start with NEW and where the next line starts with CNL and where the MP codes are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with CASE pattern matching

I am using ksh on a HP Ux. I have a simple script but am having problem with the case statement:- #!/usr/bin/sh Chl=”SM.APPLE_SWIFT_DV” LoConfirm=”” case $chl in ) LoConfirm=”Using channel at Building 1” echo “test conditon1” echo $LoConfirm;; ) LoConfirm=”Using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching problem

FilesToBackup='*.track* *.xml *.vm* *.gz Trace* TRACE* "*core*" *.out fcif_data_* esi_error_* *.rollback *.sed R.* APStatus_* log* *.output* send_mail* downenv* check_env* intaspurge_db_* sqlnet.log *.rpt *.html *.csv "*TSC*"' and i am using it like this- echo Moving files from $(pwd): ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching problem in UNIX

Hello All, I need help I have a problem in searching the pattern in a file let us say the file contains the below lines line 1 USING *'/FILE/FOLDER/RETURN') ................. ................. line 4 USING *'/FILE/FOLDER/6kdat1') line 5 USING... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem using sed for pattern matching

if abc.sh is 192.168.1.41 then the output that i get is v5c01 my code is sed 's/192.168.1.4/v5c0/g s/192.168.1.41/acc1/g' abc.sh 2>&1 | tee abc.sh i want to find 192.168.1.4 and replace it with v5c0 and find 192.168.1.41 and replace it with acc1 and i want to do it using sed (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem extracting just a part of a matching pattern

Hello everyone, this is my first post so please give me a hand. I apologize for my English, I'll try to be clear with my request. I need to write a script (Bash) which finds all the variables defined in the file .h of the folder and then writes the name of the files .c where these variables are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paxilpaz
1 Replies

7. Programming

pl sql . pattern matching problem

hi everyone i am facing a strange problem declare v_var number(10); begin if( regexp_like('RCDORMS_MMS_*_DAR','RCDORMS_MMS_*_DAR')) then v_var:=20; dbms_output.put_line(v_var); end if; end; / please tell me what's the wrong thing in this expression.. as i am not able to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching and format problem

Hi I need a bash script that can search through a text file and when it finds 'FSS1206' I need to put a Letter F 100 spaces after the second instance of FSS1206 The format is the same throughout the file I need to repeat this on every time it finds the second 'FSS1206' in the file I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching problem

Hi I need a bash script that can search through a text file for all lines starting with 71502FSC1206 on every line it finds starting with this I need to place a letter F at the 127 position on that line. Thanks Paul (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching problem

if i have to do pattern match for file name with digit alphanumeric value like this File_1234.csv File_12sd45rg.csv i am using this File_*.csv and File_*.csv for digit pattern match. when i am doing pattern match for the digit then both alphanumeric match and digit match is coming. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
3 Replies
PIVOT_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						     PIVOT_ROOT(8)

NAME
pivot_root - change the root filesystem SYNOPSIS
pivot_root new_root put_old DESCRIPTION
pivot_root moves the root file system of the current process to the directory put_old and makes new_root the new root file system. Since pivot_root(8) simply calls pivot_root(2), we refer to the man page of the latter for further details. Note that, depending on the implementation of pivot_root, root and cwd of the caller may or may not change. The following is a sequence for invoking pivot_root that works in either case, assuming that pivot_root and chroot are in the current PATH: cd new_root pivot_root . put_old exec chroot . command Note that chroot must be available under the old root and under the new root, because pivot_root may or may not have implicitly changed the root directory of the shell. Note that exec chroot changes the running executable, which is necessary if the old root directory should be unmounted afterwards. Also note that standard input, output, and error may still point to a device on the old root file system, keeping it busy. They can easily be changed when invoking chroot (see below; note the absence of leading slashes to make it work whether pivot_root has changed the shell's root or not). OPTIONS
-V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
Change the root file system to /dev/hda1 from an interactive shell: mount /dev/hda1 /new-root cd /new-root pivot_root . old-root exec chroot . sh <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 umount /old-root Mount the new root file system over NFS from 10.0.0.1:/my_root and run init: ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up # for portmap # configure Ethernet or such portmap # for lockd (implicitly started by mount) mount -o ro 10.0.0.1:/my_root /mnt killall portmap # portmap keeps old root busy cd /mnt pivot_root . old_root exec chroot . sh -c 'umount /old_root; exec /sbin/init' <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 SEE ALSO
chroot(1), pivot_root(2), mount(8), switch_root(8), umount(8) AVAILABILITY
The pivot_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux August 2011 PIVOT_ROOT(8)