Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling perl subroutine from perl expect module Post 302485932 by DGPickett on Thursday 6th of January 2011 01:38:02 PM
Old 01-06-2011
It sounds like you logged into another system using expect features in a PERL program on the current system. If you want to run some PERL on the remote system, you have to call PERL there and provide it with scripting either from a file there or pushed down the pipe from the first system/script. That is two main PERL scripts running on two systems, with a login pipeline between them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct Syntax For Calling Shell Script in Perl Module

Problem: I have a shell script that will be called by a Perl module that will connect to a db and delete rows. The Perl module will be called by CRON. I am using a Perl module to call a shell script because I need to get the db connection from Perl. Here is the Perl pseudocode: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Perl Module name in all Perl scripts

I want to replace a Perl module name in all my Perl Scripts in the cgi-bin directory. How is it possible? I have the following statement in my scripts use myUtil; I want to change it to use myUtil777; Regards, Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Expect script in Perl...

I call a EXPECT script from my perl script with machine IP and a FIle. The script logins to the machine and exports the value. The values to be exported or stored in a file. I have close to 10 machines and I have created 10 files and pass the corresponding files in command line, Now I could like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkriz
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a perl subroutine regex

Hi, I can't get this script ot work and I wa wondering if anyone could help? I need to open a file and use a subroutine to search each line for a regular expression. If it matches then I need to return a match from the subroutine and print the result? Any help would be greatly... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmd2004
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling SQL prompt through Perl expect module

Hi All, I have a doubt whether expect module in perl will work in SQL prompt or its applicable only for shell prompt ? Thanks, Arun V (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why Perl Subroutine Passed In Variable is 1?

The following subroutine prints 1 instead of the content of the Equipment variable. Can someone tell me why? #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe # use strict 'vars'; my $Equipments = "data/equips.txt"; unless (open(EQUIP_FH, "$Equipments")) { print "errors: $Equipments\n"; # This line prints... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tqlam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl subroutine from shell script (sh)

Hi, ive a perl script, where it has a subroutine clear() in it, and i've one shell script which runs in background, from that shell script i wanted to call subroutine which is in perl script, that's perl script is not module, just simple script. Eg: perl script <test> #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asarunkumar
4 Replies

8. Programming

perl: Subroutine question

Hi everyone, I have given up finally trying to find a way to do this. I have a subroutine called LoginFirst where I am starting a new SSH session. I have bunch of subroutines, each one of them uses a (or I have to create a new SSH constructor everytime) ssh connection to get some value so ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_code
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -Calling the Subroutine Only if the condition is met

Hello All, I am in the process of learning perl.I have a perl script and based on the arguments passed it would the appropriate subroutine that is defined in the script. Now, I need to check a value that is defined in the Environment variables and should call the subroutine only if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filter
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Calling a sub routine from another module - help!!!

Hi, I am an occasional PERL user. I am trying to call a sub routine (passing parameters) in perl module from a driver .pl file. I have been "tinkering" for a while now and have confused myself. Could someone please look at the code below and spot where I am going wrong. testPerl.pl ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
0 Replies
webmin(1m)																webmin(1m)

NAME
webmin - A httpd based system administration tool. DESCRIPTION
webmin(1m) consists of a main server daemon, CGI and PERL files to perform the operations, and configuration files to manage site-specific information. FILES
The following files specify the installation locations for webmin: /etc/webmin Contains server and module configuration files. A newly-installed or upgraded server must be configured before use. This is handled by the webminsetup(1m) script. A running server can be reconfigured through the web interface. Configuration files should not be modified directly. /var/webmin Default location for the webmin log files SECURITY
webmin(1m) uses pam(3PAM) with the service name webmin for authentication and account management. FAULT MANAGEMENT RESOURCE IDENTIFIER
svc:/application/management/webmin:default ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWwebminr, | | | SUNWwebminu | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ SEE ALSO
webminsetup(1m), attributes(5) http://www.webmin.com NOTES
In addition to the documentation and man pages included with Solaris, more information is available at http://www.webmin.com 30 Oct 2004 webmin(1m)