Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Reinstall virtual I/O Server & LCD code 0518 Post 302485899 by brillmon on Thursday 6th of January 2011 12:16:02 PM
Old 01-06-2011
Can you please provide the commands to perform this? Do I need to enter single user mode? etc..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

BootingTrouble:0518 /var MNT failed

Hi I am having and issue with my AIX box when i boot it up i get the following error 0518 /var MNT failed Is their anything i can do...? Thanks Liam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lodonovan
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Application & Virtual hosts in Apache

Folks; I need help knowing how to add an application to existing Virtual host on Apache. here's the details: I have a virtual host file (Based on IP address) for Apache and is configured to run application inside it. How can i add another application to the same virtual host based on the same IP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
0 Replies

4. Linux

VMware ESX server && Solaris 10 on same PC ??

Hi all, I tried to install Solaris 10 and then VMware ESX server v3.02 on the same PC (or hard drive). But after successfully installing Solaris 10, when I installed Vmware ESX Server on the same drive(but on different partition, boot menu is not coming. It is just booting Vmware only. Pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtual Server Which One?

Hi, Imagine I'm using SSH or TELNET to connect to one of my clustered database servers. I log in using a virtual server name not knowing which one of my two database servers i will connect to. Now the question: If all I have is the virtual server name e.g. SSH DavoH@gb1234QVD011Px7 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DavoH
1 Replies

6. AIX

VIOS LPAR Error 0518

I am trying to install AIX 5.3 on one of the LPARs through VIOS but I get this error 0518 Reference Code Selection 0518 (Time stamp: 12/18/12 12:10:20 AM UTC) Starting kernel (Time stamp: 12/18/12 12:10:15 AM UTC) AIX is starting. (Time stamp: 12/18/12 12:10:15 AM... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server is virtual or physical?

Hi All, How can I know whether the server I am connecting to is a virtual or physical one? The server might be having any Unix OS (Linux/Solaris/HP-UX etc.). Is there any system files / commands which can show these concrete information? Thanks in advance for the replies. sanzee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud. Both run apache web server. When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem. Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Load Balancing - LB Server & BackEnd1 & BackEnd2

Hello, What I wish to succeed is to setup loadbalancing between two dedicated servers. Here is my case: ======================================================================================================= LB IP (Just an IP address): Provided by hosting company (11.22.33.44) Hosting company... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies
scamp(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  scamp(8)

Name
       scamp - System Configuration and Management Program

Syntax
       /usr/etc/scamp

Description
       The  utility  is a menu-driven program that helps you set up and manage your system.  scamp allows you to manage user accounts and software
       subsets, and to perform basic system management tasks such as setting the system date and time, and rebooting the system.

uses the directory to store all of it's files.

Restrictions
       This utility is installed in the directory.  To have access to while in single-user mode the partition must be mounted.

Examples
       When is invoked a page of welcome text first displayed.	After you hit a carriage return the Main Menu is displayed.

ULTRIX  SCAMP	MAIN  MENU

1 - User Account Management
		       2 - Network Setup Information
		       3 - Terminal Setup
		       4 - Modem Setup
		       5 - Printer Setup
		       6 - Install/Remove Software Subsets
		       7 - License Management Facility - LMF
		       8 - System Management Services

0 - Exit

Enter your choice:
       At the 'Enter your choice:' prompt you enter the number that is beside the task you would like to perform.  To enter a  Product	Authoriza-
       tion Key (PAK) you use the 'License Management Facility - LMF' menu item, so you would enter a 7 at the prompt.

Each  of  the  Main  Menu items have one or more screenfulls of information that could be displayed.  To exit to the previous screen, or to
       exit the utility when at Main Menu, enter a 0 at the prompt.

Files
See Also
       Guide to SCAMP

scamp(8)