Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SED with Special characters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED with Special characters Post 302485734 by mdbinder on Thursday 6th of January 2011 04:57:16 AM
Old 01-06-2011
The First works perfect.
I use Debian 5.0 bash.

I am happy now. Thanks for your help.
Marcel

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed with special characters

i have this script that searches for a pattern. However it fails if the pattern includes some special characters. So far, it fails with the following strings: 1. -Cr 2. $Mj 3. H'412 would a sed or awk be more effective? i don't want the users to put the (\) during the search (they... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing Special Characters Using Sed

Hi. Does anyone know how to use the sed command to change the special border characters on this .per file. I have to edit about 80 .per files. I need a sed script to change the below 3 and A characters. ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³ Test Islands, Office of Public Health -- WIC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed with special characters

Hi, I am reading a file (GC_JAR.log) which has entries like: 511725.629, 0.1122672 secs] 525268.975, 0.1240036 secs] 527181.835, 0.2068215 secs] 527914.287, 0.2884801 secs] 528457.134, 0.2548725 secs] I want to replace all the entries of "secs]" with just "secs" Thus, the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzz.me
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed with many special characters

I started with this: counter1=1 cp file.txt file_${counter1}.tmp while read name1 do echo $name1 counter2=`expr $counter1 + 1` sed /'${name1}'/d file_${counter1}.txt > file_${counter2}.txt counter1=`expr $counter1 + 1` done < source.txtsource.txt contains the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakanino
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace special characters

Hi everyone I have file1 contains: '7832' ' 8765 6543 I want a sed command that will format as: '7832' , '8765' , '6543' I tried sed -e s/\'//g -e 's/^*//;s/*$//' file1 > file2 sed -e :a -e '$!N; s/\n/ /; ta' file2 which gives: 7832 8765 6543 I need some help to continue with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape special characters in SED

Need help in escaping special characters in sed command. Here is the the string which i am trying to find a replace with From :- REQUEST_TYPE=PIXEL&amp;MSG_ID={//MESSAGE_ID} To :- REQUEST_TYPE=PIXEL&amp;MSG_ID= X_EDELIVERY_MESSAGE_ID &amp; BATCH_ID= X_EDELIVERY_BATCH_ID Here is the sed command i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed special characters issue

Hi I'm trying to replace string1 by string2 in file homepage.htm as follows but is not working. Please Help: sedsed -i "s@'://your server name:port/test/owa'@'://11.22.33.44:5555/pls/SAMPLE'@g" homepage.htm Where, String1 ://your server name:port/test/owa String2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koazter
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - remove special characters

Hi, I have a file with this line, it's always in the first line: I want to remove these special characters: ´╗┐ file1 ´╗┐\\bar\c$\test2\;3.348.118 Bytes;160 ;3 \\bar\c$\test\;35 Bytes;2 ;1 I want the same file to be only \\bar\c$\test2\;3.348.118 Bytes;160 ;3 \\bar\c$\test\;35... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed special characters issues

I am dusting off the sed cobwebs and had a basic question: I have a file that contains: $firewall = "on"; $cache = "on"; $dataset{'mary had a little lamb'} = "on"; and want to only change the contents of what is between the single quotes: $dataset{'big bad wolf'} = "on"; I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in a while loop with special characters

I have the foolowing data file: File1 <p name="A">5004</p> <p name="B">5004</p> <p name="C">5004</p> <p name="A">15004</p> <p name="B">15004</p> <p name="C">15004</p> In a while loop using sed (100 of line need to be replace), I need the output to File3:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
2 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)