Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo install
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sudo install Post 302485667 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 10:36:54 PM
Old 01-05-2011
What is the output of
Code:
ldd /usr/bin/sudo

I think you are missing runtime libraries

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo: application install question

I need to install an application on my Sun station and need root privleges to do so. I was given sudo privileges and was told to issue the following command. bash-2.03$ sudo init 0 I've read the man pages for init and understand the purpose of that command. My questions are: 1. From the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forbin24
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo install on HP UX 11i(basic question)

Hello folks, had a question. I was trying to install sudotool on HP -UX 11i. I downloaded gzip file from sudo site and unzipped to /tmp folder on HP box how do i install it?? do i need to run "swinstall" menu and then choose from there? THanks! karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

3. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

4. AIX

Install sudo

Hello I need to install sudo for one of my box with aix 5.3. I got the file but its for sudo-1.6.9p15-1.aix5.2.ppc.rpm. There is a problem if I install this for aix 5.2 ? I download from IBM AIX Toolbox Download Page - Alphabetical Listing The bullfreeware.com has a older... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo apt-get install build-essential not working

it asks for password and then following is displayed Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Couldn't find package build-essential what should i do to install g++ compiler? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkle
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

7. AIX

sudo log and sudo auditing

Sudo In AIX, how to find out what commands have been run after a user sudo to another user? for example, user sam run 'sudo -u robert ksh' then run some commands, how can I (as root) find what commands have been run? sudo.log only contains sudo event, no activity logging. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi All, I running a unix command using sudo option inside shell script. Its working well. But in crontab the same command is not working and its throwing "sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo". I do not have root permission to add or change settings for my userid. I can not even ask... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apple1221
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi, Have a need to run the below command as a "karuser" from a java class which will is running as "root" user. When we are trying to run the below command from java code getting the below error. Command: sudo -u karuser -s /bin/bash /bank/karunix/bin/build_cycles.sh Error: sudo: sorry,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
8 Replies
LDD(1)                                                       Linux Programmer's Manual                                                      LDD(1)

NAME
ldd - print shared object dependencies SYNOPSIS
ldd [option]... file... DESCRIPTION
ldd prints the shared objects (shared libraries) required by each program or shared object specified on the command line. An example of its use and output is the following: $ ldd /bin/ls linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffcc3563000) libselinux.so.1 => /lib64/libselinux.so.1 (0x00007f87e5459000) libcap.so.2 => /lib64/libcap.so.2 (0x00007f87e5254000) libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f87e4e92000) libpcre.so.1 => /lib64/libpcre.so.1 (0x00007f87e4c22000) libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f87e4a1e000) /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00005574bf12e000) libattr.so.1 => /lib64/libattr.so.1 (0x00007f87e4817000) libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f87e45fa000) In the usual case, ldd invokes the standard dynamic linker (see ld.so(8)) with the LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS environment variable set to 1. This causes the dynamic linker to inspect the program's dynamic dependencies, and find (according to the rules described in ld.so(8)) and load the objects that satisfy those dependencies. For each dependency, ldd displays the location of the matching object and the (hexadeci- mal) address at which it is loaded. (The linux-vdso and ld-linux shared dependencies are special; see vdso(7) and ld.so(8).) Security Be aware that in some circumstances (e.g., where the program specifies an ELF interpreter other than ld-linux.so), some versions of ldd may attempt to obtain the dependency information by attempting to directly execute the program, which may lead to the execution of whatever code is defined in the program's ELF interpreter, and perhaps to execution of the program itself. (In glibc versions before 2.27, the upstream ldd implementation did this for example, although most distributions provided a modified version that did not.) Thus, you should never employ ldd on an untrusted executable, since this may result in the execution of arbitrary code. A safer alterna- tive when dealing with untrusted executables is: $ objdump -p /path/to/program | grep NEEDED Note, however, that this alternative shows only the direct dependencies of the executable, while ldd shows the entire dependency tree of the executable. OPTIONS
--version Print the version number of ldd. -v, --verbose Print all information, including, for example, symbol versioning information. -u, --unused Print unused direct dependencies. (Since glibc 2.3.4.) -d, --data-relocs Perform relocations and report any missing objects (ELF only). -r, --function-relocs Perform relocations for both data objects and functions, and report any missing objects or functions (ELF only). --help Usage information. BUGS
ldd does not work on a.out shared libraries. ldd does not work with some extremely old a.out programs which were built before ldd support was added to the compiler releases. If you use ldd on one of these programs, the program will attempt to run with argc = 0 and the results will be unpredictable. SEE ALSO
pldd(1), sprof(1), ld.so(8), ldconfig(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2017-09-15 LDD(1)