Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell snip to import CSV data into BASH array Post 302485595 by radoulov on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 03:23:51 PM
Old 01-05-2011
Could you try to explain what exactly do you want to achieve?
I won't recommend a pure shell for text manipulation.
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging CSV data using a one liner from shell?

I'm trying to merge multiple CSV (comma separated value) files into one large master file. All files have a field that is unique to act as the key for entry/merging into the master file & and all files have the same number of fields that are in the master file. I'll give an example here: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinca
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to format a .CSV data

Hi There I needed to write a Unix shell script which will pick up the data from a .CSV file and reformat it as per the requirement and write it to another .CSV file. Currently I am in the proess of Data Import to "Remedy System" (A one kind of incident mangement Application) and this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uday1982
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to format .CSV data

Hi all, I have written a shell script to search a specified directory (e.g. /home/user) for a list of specific words (shown as ${TMPDIR}/wordlist below). The script works well enough, but I was wondering if there was a way to display the line number that the word is found on? Thanks! cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmcmurtr
1 Replies

4. Programming

import .txt and split word into array C

Hi, if I want to import .txt file that contain information and the number separate by space how can I split and put into array In C Example of .txt file 3 Aqaba 49789 10000 5200 25.78 6987 148976 12941 15.78 99885 35262 2501 22.98 Thank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to populate an array from a csv file

Hi Guys, I've got a script that runs and collects statistics from one of our machines and outputs the data into a csv file. Now, that script runs fine and I managed to create another one (with a lot of help from this forum!!) to trim the csv file down to all the data that I need, rather than all... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting variable space width data into CSV data in bash

Hi All, I was wondering how I can convert each line in an input file where fields are separated by variable width spaces into a CSV file. Below is the scenario what I am looking for. My Input data in inputfile.txt 19 15657 15685 Sr2dReader 107.88 105.51... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vharsha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array comparision in bash shell

I'm not sure if i can put the problem in understandable form.Let me try: I have a array which is like and always fixed: Array1=(new inprogress pending Restored Resolved ) Other 2 array array2 which may varry but always subset of above array: Like it can be : Array2=(New inprogress... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data from csv file

Hi everyone, I have a csv file which has data with different heading and column names as below. Static Data Ingested ,,,,,,,,,,,,Known Explained Rejections Column_1,column_2,Column_3,Column_4,,Column_6,Column_7,,% Column_8,,Column_9 ,Column_10 ,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import 2 columns from 8 .csv files into pandas df (side by side) and write a new csv

I have 8 .csv files with 16 columns and "n" rows with no Header. I want to parse each of these .csv and get column and put the data into a new.csv. Once this is done, the new.csv should have 16 columns (2 from each input.csv) and "n" rows. Now, I want to just take the average of Column from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using bash script : How to Import data from a dsv file into multiple tables in mysql

HI I have a dsv file that looks like: <<BOF>> record_number|id_number|first name|last name|msisdn|network|points|card number|gender 312|9101011234011|Test Junior|Smith|071 123 4321|MTN|73|1241551413214444|M 313|9012023213011|Bob|Smith|27743334321|Vodacom|3|1231233232323244|M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tera
4 Replies
pure-statsdecode(8)						     Pure-FTPd						       pure-statsdecode(8)

NAME
pure-statsdecode - Show human-readable dates from a "stats" logfile SYNTAX
pure-statsdecode filename pure-statsdecode - DESCRIPTION
This program decodes Pure-FTPd's "stats" log files and converts timestamps into human-readable dates. OPTIONS
- means to read the standard input. filename is a log file produced with pure-ftpd -O ftpstats:/path/to/logfile EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-statsdecode /var/log/pureftpd.log > /tmp/pureftpd.humanlog Alternativly you can run it as: cat /var/log/pureftpd.log | pure-statsdecode - | gzip --best > /tmp/pureftpd.humanlog.gz AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2228, RFC 2389 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-statsdecode(8)