Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Spool setting in unix environment for SAP Post 302485561 by dravi_laxmi on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 01:58:56 PM
Old 01-05-2011
Hi Robin,
Thanku very much for your quick response,
This is the output from an lpstat command ,we want SIDADM to be able to cancel the request of all users. we donot want superuser (root ), because we do not have this user id. we have only sidadm id.

but my question is how can we change these spool users to SIDADm like spool should generate by sidadm.

thanks & regards,
Ravi kumar

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting environment variables ???

Hello, I want to set some environment variables with this script: ip=$@ echo Remote Computer: $ip PERLDB_OPTS="CallKomodo=$ip:9000 RemotePort=$ip:9010 PrintRet=0" export PERLDB_OPTS PERL5LIB=/opt/komodo export PERL5LIB echo PERLDB_OPTS: $PERLDB_OPTS echo PERL5LIB: $PERL5LIB But it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gargamel
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting up Environment Variables

Hi all, I am trying to set up some variables in a shell script. The variables contain values of various paths needed to run a java module. The problem is the variables dont seem to be setting at all. here is what i am trying to do : JAR_HOME=/home/was5/bdcms/scheduledjobs/lib export... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpandey
6 Replies

3. Programming

Setting Environment variable..!

Hi, I already have one CPP program which invokes the C program.And the C program contains whole function definitions..!This is a working program..I have to enable the logs in both CPP as well as in the C program ..!So I am reading the enviornmental variable log path from the CPP and doing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem setting environment...

Hi All I'm attempting to automate the process of setting the DISPLAY environment variable when logging on (sourcing the .cshrc). I have a mixture of linux and solaris servers and this comnand: who -m | awk '{ print $6}' | tr -d '()' seems to work on all the servers. I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huskie69
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up your environment

Hi I am new to Solaris and was just given my id and need to setup my environment, what do i need to do to run certain commands without putting in the complete path. How do I create my .profile, I do not see under my login? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa_ken
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting Environment Variables

#!/bin/bash if ; then ASS1_DATA_DIR=./ echo $ASS1_DATA_DIR export ASS1_DATA_DIR echo "data dir" fi if ; then ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR=./ export ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR fi I want to create a new environment variable ASS1_DATA_DIR and ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR in bash and set them to the current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up environment variables

Hi all, This is my first post here. I need to set up a few environment variables with a shell script. Some are hard-coded, but some should come from other commands or as input from the user. How do I do that? For example, I need to export a variable as such: export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:8.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: exchequer598
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Setting up LAMP environment

I wish to setup LAMP environment. Amongst, I have successfully installed Linux 6.1. I am looking fwd to install - Apace Web Server, My Sql Database & PHP environment. Say if I look for MySql, could see downloadable available in rpm format. But this must be copied over to Linux machine. As... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies
ARCHIVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							ARCHIVE(8)

NAME
archive - Usenet article archiver SYNOPSIS
archive [ -a archive ] [ -f ] [ -i index ] [ -m ] [ -r ] [ input ] DESCRIPTION
Archive makes copies of files specified on its standard input. It is normally run either as a channel feed under innd(8), or by a script before expire(8) is run. Archive reads the named input file, or standard input if no file is given. The input is taken as a set of lines. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should specify the name of a file to archive. If a filename is not an absolute pathname, it is taken to be relative to /var/spool/news. Files are copied to a directory within the archive directory, /var/spool/news/news.archive. The default is to create a hierarchy that mim- ics the input files; intermediate directories will be created as needed. For example, the input file comp/sources/unix/2211 (article 2211 in the newsgroup comp.sources.unix) will be copied to /var/spool/news/news.archive/comp/sources/unix/2211. OPTIONS
-a archive If the ``-a'' flag is used then its argument specifies the directory to archive in instead of the default. -f If the ``-f'' flag is used, then all directory names will be flattened out, replacing the slashes with periods. In this case, the file would be copied to /var/spool/news/news.archive/comp.sources.unix/2211. -i If the ``-i'' flag is used, then archive will append one line to the specified index file for each article that it copies. This line will contain the destination name and the Message-ID and Subject headers. -m Files are copied by making a link. If that fails a new file is created. If the ``-m'' flag is used, then the file will be copied to the destination, and the input file will be replaced with a symbolic link pointing to the new file. -r By default, archive sets its standard error to /var/log/news/errlog. To suppress this redirection, use the ``-r'' flag. EXIT STATUS
If the input is exhausted, archive will exit with a zero status. If an I/O error occures, it will try to spool its input, copying it to a file. If there was no input filename, the standard input will be copied to /var/spool/news/out.going/archive and the program will exit. If an input filename was given, a temporary file named input.bch (if input is an absolute pathname) or /var/spool/news/out.going/input.bch (if the filename does not begin with a slash) is created. Once the input is copied, archive will try to rename this temporary file to be the name of the input file, and then exit. EXAMPLES
A typical newsfeeds(5) entry to archive most source newsgroups is as follows: source-archive :!*,*sources*,!*wanted*,!*.d :Tc,Wn :/usr/lib/news/bin/archive -f -i /usr/spool/news/news.archive/INDEX HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.14, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
newsfeeds(5). ARCHIVE(8)