Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nslookup: am I doing it right? Post 302485530 by Abdulelah on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 12:45:11 PM
Old 01-05-2011
the following:

Quote:
nslookup $a | grep -i "name =" | awk '{print $4}'
where the IP address is obtaind from a variable in a loop,

Last edited by Abdulelah; 01-05-2011 at 02:01 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

named and nslookup

Guys , Am using Linux - Red Hat 6.1 . My DNS and nslookup command was working fine and ppl. can resolve through this server . but i changed something in /etc/named.conf , that stopped the DNS . The named proccess is working , but nslookup command is not , i get this error message : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

NSLOOKUP script

Hi Anyone know of a quick and simple way to script an NSLOOKUP's from a list/text file? Thanks, Gav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gavcollins
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

nslookup command?

Hai guys, In which way does the command,"nslookup", will be helpful? Please give me examples. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nslookup for Unix

I am connecting from windows via Putty to some other Unix server. How can I display my current windows MachineName/NTID in putty? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup output

Hi All, If I give the hostname followed by nslookup, I get the output like below, commandprompt>nslookup efgh Using /etc/hosts on: xyz looking up FILES Trying DNS Non-authoritative answer: Name: abcd Address: 47.47.47.47 Aliases: efgh I am not sure on the bolded ones. Can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajakct84
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Further nslookup options if any !!

Hi , I have a requirement to find the aliases by doing an nslookup on the Cname. If i do an nslookup on the alias name i get the Cname , but i need the cname from alias name. eg: Hostname = acb.example.com Virtual name= abcvirtual.example.com nslookup abcvirtual.example.com will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpics66
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nslookup!!! Please look up!!!

Hi all Nslookup command returns!!!! Code: nslookup 10.91.44.29 Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 29.44.91.in-addr.arpa name = station1.example.com Code: nslookup station1.example.com Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 Name: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

8. Solaris

nslookup command

hi, I am new in Solaris 10 , i am installing a software in solaris 10, while performing pre requisite nslookup command should return without error, and the IP address and host should match those listed in the etc/hosts file, but nslookup command show the below error , can anybody tell me how i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup hanging

Hey folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a bit of a newbie at "coding" (obviously, scripting is a teensy bit different than coding) and I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to get around. I'm going through a list of servers to check their name, IP, reverse-NSLOOKUP name and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bearwhale
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk nslookup

Hi, I have a rather simple awk statement to perform an nslookup on a file (list of IPs). If the lookup yields a result, then it sends it to a file. If no result, there is no output. I've been trying to use !NR or !NF with an if statement to make the output state "NA" if there is no result,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umang2382
5 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux