Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Spool setting in unix environment for SAP Post 302485493 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 10:28:45 AM
Old 01-05-2011
I'm a bit confused. Is this the output from an lpstat command? If so, you would either need to be the submitting user or the superuser (usually root) to cancel the request (see man cancel or man qcanfor more information)

If it is something else, can you clarify what you are after?

I hope that this helps

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting environment variables ???

Hello, I want to set some environment variables with this script: ip=$@ echo Remote Computer: $ip PERLDB_OPTS="CallKomodo=$ip:9000 RemotePort=$ip:9010 PrintRet=0" export PERLDB_OPTS PERL5LIB=/opt/komodo export PERL5LIB echo PERLDB_OPTS: $PERLDB_OPTS echo PERL5LIB: $PERL5LIB But it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gargamel
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting up Environment Variables

Hi all, I am trying to set up some variables in a shell script. The variables contain values of various paths needed to run a java module. The problem is the variables dont seem to be setting at all. here is what i am trying to do : JAR_HOME=/home/was5/bdcms/scheduledjobs/lib export... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpandey
6 Replies

3. Programming

Setting Environment variable..!

Hi, I already have one CPP program which invokes the C program.And the C program contains whole function definitions..!This is a working program..I have to enable the logs in both CPP as well as in the C program ..!So I am reading the enviornmental variable log path from the CPP and doing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem setting environment...

Hi All I'm attempting to automate the process of setting the DISPLAY environment variable when logging on (sourcing the .cshrc). I have a mixture of linux and solaris servers and this comnand: who -m | awk '{ print $6}' | tr -d '()' seems to work on all the servers. I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huskie69
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up your environment

Hi I am new to Solaris and was just given my id and need to setup my environment, what do i need to do to run certain commands without putting in the complete path. How do I create my .profile, I do not see under my login? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa_ken
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting Environment Variables

#!/bin/bash if ; then ASS1_DATA_DIR=./ echo $ASS1_DATA_DIR export ASS1_DATA_DIR echo "data dir" fi if ; then ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR=./ export ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR fi I want to create a new environment variable ASS1_DATA_DIR and ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR in bash and set them to the current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up environment variables

Hi all, This is my first post here. I need to set up a few environment variables with a shell script. Some are hard-coded, but some should come from other commands or as input from the user. How do I do that? For example, I need to export a variable as such: export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:8.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: exchequer598
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Setting up LAMP environment

I wish to setup LAMP environment. Amongst, I have successfully installed Linux 6.1. I am looking fwd to install - Apace Web Server, My Sql Database & PHP environment. Say if I look for MySql, could see downloadable available in rpm format. But this must be copied over to Linux machine. As... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies
UUCP(1C)																  UUCP(1C)

NAME
uucp, uulog - unix to unix copy SYNOPSIS
uucp [ option ] ... source-file ... destination-file uulog [ option ] ... DESCRIPTION
Uucp copies files named by the source-file arguments to the destination-file argument. A file name may be a path name on your machine, or may have the form system-name!pathname where `system-name' is taken from a list of system names which uucp knows about. Shell metacharacters ?*[] appearing in the pathname part will be expanded on the appropriate system. Pathnames may be one of(1) a full pathname; (2) a pathname preceded by ~user; where user is a userid on the specified system and is replaced by that user's login directory; (3) anything else is prefixed by the current directory. If the result is an erroneous pathname for the remote system the copy will fail. If the destination-file is a directory, the last part of the source-file name is used. Uucp preserves execute permissions across the transmission and gives 0666 read and write permissions (see chmod(2)). The following options are interpreted by uucp. -d Make all necessary directories for the file copy. -c Use the source file when copying out rather than copying the file to the spool directory. -m Send mail to the requester when the copy is complete. Uulog maintains a summary log of uucp and uux(1) transactions in the file `/usr/spool/uucp/LOGFILE' by gathering information from partial log files named `/usr/spool/uucp/LOG.*.?'. It removes the partial log files. The options cause uulog to print logging information: -ssys Print information about work involving system sys. -uuser Print information about work done for the specified user. FILES
/usr/spool/uucp - spool directory /usr/lib/uucp/* - other data and program files SEE ALSO
uux(1), mail(1) D. A. Nowitz, Uucp Implementation Description WARNING
The domain of remotely accessible files can (and for obvious security reasons, usually should) be severely restricted. You will very likely not be able to fetch files by pathname; ask a responsible person on the remote system to send them to you. For the same reasons you will probably not be able to send files to arbitrary pathnames. BUGS
All files received by uucp will be owned by uucp. The -m option will only work sending files or receiving a single file. (Receiving multiple files specified by special shell characters ?*[] will not activate the -m option.) UUCP(1C)