Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Error running the history command Post 302485473 by methyl on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 09:54:05 AM
Old 01-05-2011
history is usually an alias for "fc -l".
As advised above, what is the output from
Code:
type history

Also, what Shell are you running?
Code:
echo $SHELL

(I realise that your prompt says bash)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error when running the make command

Hi, Not really sure whether this question should go to this forum but am giving it a shot. I have compiled a simple C program test.c. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> static int a; int test() { a=a+1; return a; } When I run a make command, I get this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job giving error while running SSH command

Hi All, The script which i am using to SSH to remote server is working fine when i run is using ./ but when cron runs it it gives error that "ssh: not found" please help!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

stop users from running 'history -c' in Linux

Hi All, My question is how can i stop my users on system from deleting their history. How can i stop the users from running 'history -c'. I have searched thoroughly on the forum but didn't find any satisfactory solution to the problem. kindly help if you any suggestions Thanx in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xander
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error while running nm command

I am running nm for a file. the command is nm -f libC.a but it gives below error nm: libC.a: 0654-203 Specify an XCOFF object module. any solution ? Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatrik007
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search history without result running automatically

Hi I want to search the history of commands. for the last use of eg.$ service httpd reload $history = brings up the full list $!serv = runs service httpd reload, if thast was the last command used with the string $!?serv? = does the same as above I do not want to run the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dunsta
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting syntax error while running awk command

Hello Gurus, I am firing the below command : df -g | grep -v var| awk '{ (if $4 > 90% ) print "Filesystem", $NF,"over sized";}' But I am getting the below error:- ====== syntax error The source line is 1. The error context is {if ($4 > >>> 90%) <<< awk: The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Library file error while running command

I am running a command in Solaris non-global zone and it is complaining for a library file, while that is already preset in server. mwcontrol: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/openwin/lib/locale/common/xlibi18n.so.2: symbol _XlcAddUtf8Converters: referenced symbol not found # ls -l... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
15 Replies

9. Red Hat

FATAL: Error running install command for binfmt_0000

Hi, Firstly, I want to say hello to all of you guys. My first post here... I have issue with CentOS and I hope that there is someone who can help or even explain what could cause this kind of situation. I have installed CentOS 5.7 x86_64 into Hyper-V (Windows Server 2012 R2) environment. After... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigolos
0 Replies

10. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)