Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Cutting character(s) from a word Post 302485466 by bartus11 on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 09:33:37 AM
Old 01-05-2011
Code:
$word=~s/\D//g;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in Cutting a word

Hi All , i am working on a backup script , which would a call a executable file in unix server , Login credentials :: use telnet session to login to Unix server when logged in, this would be my Prompt ::: unix11@raghav: I just need to cut the word unix11 , so that i can use this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cutting a string based on the third occcurence of a character

Hello, I am new to unix hence struggling with my requirement. I have a string like : ECR/CHQ/GBP/12345.out I need to get only the ECR/CHQ/GBP portion of the string(cut the string based on the third occurrence of / )...How do it do it? Many thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valluvan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut first line only from a text near a specific column without cutting a word

First I have to say thank you to this community and this forum. You helped me very much builing several useful scripts. Now, I can't get a solution the following problem, I'm stuck somehow. Maybe someone has an idea. In short, I dump a site via lynx and pipe the output in a file. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to parse a word character by character

Hi All, Can anyone help me please, I have a word like below. 6,76 I want to read this word and check if it has "," (comma) and if yes then i want to replace it with "." (dot). That means i want to be changed to 6.76 If the word doesnot contain "," then its should not be changed. Eg. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl (word by word check if a hash key)

Hi, Now i work in a code that 1-get data stored in the database in the form of hash table with a key field which is the " Name" 2-in the same time i open a txt file and loop through it word by word 3- which i have a problem in is that : I need to loop word by word and check if it is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing the 1st character of the word in perl

Hi All, In one of the sections in my perl script, I need to remove the 1st character of a word and store in an array.The details are , The original script was , if ( ! defined $inq{$node}{"dmx"} ) { print "INFO: Collecting inq disk information for DMX array on $node.\n"; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilash.pa
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract whole thing in word, leaving behind last word. - perl

Hi, i've a string /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TESi T_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to get string, like /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD the words from HD should get deleted, i need only a string till HD, i dont want to use any built in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Substring without cutting off word

Can someone help me to make this code without cutting off words ni the string? awk '{for(i=1;i<length;i+=100) print substr($0,i,100)}' Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanantonio7777
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a string using more than one character as delimiter

Hi , I have a set of files in a folder which i need to cut in to two parts.... Sample files touch AE_JUNFOR_2014_MTD_2013-05-30-03-30-02.TXT touch AE_JUNFOR_2014_YTD_2013-05-30-03-30-02.TXT touch temp_AE_JUNFOR_2014_MTD_2013-05-30-03-30-02.TXT touch... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
4 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)