Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copying less output with putty Post 302485465 by chronics on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 09:32:47 AM
Old 01-05-2011
Most lines are hundreds of characters across. I'm also wandering if a line feed is added by less to wrap the text. Anyone know of any ssh clients/terminals that dont do this or allow you to copy a full line in a single action.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

PuTTY 0.59

On my opinion, one of the best ssh/telnet clients for windows, putty released a new version: Get it here, PuTTY 0.59 - PuTTY can now connect to local serial ports as well as making network connections. - Improved speed of SSH, particularly SSH-2 key exchange and public-key authentication -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putty

i am connecting to a unix-application using putty (xp). sometime, it is as if the putty is sending a form-feed char, because i am getting a blank screen, and by back scrolling i see the previous screen with all the related data. if i am using the xp-telnet, i get the screen/data correctly. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifa-system
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putty script

i was having problem on unix command.here's my script set server_exe="C:\filecopy\putty.exe" %server_exe% sgxaspecs3@sporc01 -pw pit54321 -b c:\filecopy\file_sporc01putfiles2.txt echo "file uploaded to SFTP Server" pause ok the thing is like this, i could login to putty by running this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying the output of a shell to another

How do you copy the output of a shell to another? I went to, for example, copy the output of shell a to shell b. Do you use cp or what? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: #moveon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help for PuTTy.

I'm using PuTTY to establish a SSH connection to a remote UNIX machine. I need to fetch a file from the remote system into my local Windows system. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agnivaccent
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Putty Command

Hi, I am trying to update my site using putty. My server is in linux. I found few commands that help me to access and do few stuffs in the server. Please add additional command. ls - to list files in a directory: cd - change directory (navigate to some directory): cp - copy a file: mv - move... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khadkabirendra
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding the logs on putty

Hi Folks, I have an application and I connect to unix box through putty , sometimes I Have to check the logs and for that I reached to particular directory and write tail -f abc.log Is there any better command so that these logs are dynamically go on increasing while I work on my application... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding PUTTY

Hello Forum members There is no any time parameter on putty so how can I stay my putty ssh session always Alive? So please reply to my querry. I am looking forward from Forum. Advance Thanks Siva. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting command output to putty window title.

Hi, Last 2 weeks I have searched many forums and i haven't found the answer for the question: How to get all command output to Putty title? Needed it for other programs to know when some jobs on a server is done and is it done right or wrong. Plink stdout and stdin wasn't working, i used many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domagaj
1 Replies

10. SCO

Sco 3.2 and PuTTY

Is there anyway to the function keys to work on PuTTY when remoting into a SCO 3.2 server? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveo314
8 Replies
colcrt(1)						      General Commands Manual							 colcrt(1)

Name
       colcrt - filter nroff output for CRT previewing

Syntax
       colcrt [-] [-2] [file...]

Description
       The  command provides virtual half-line and reverse line feed sequences for terminals without such capability, and on which overstriking is
       destructive.  Half-line characters and underlining (changed to dashing `-') are placed on new lines in between the normal output lines.

Options
       -  Suppresses all underlining.  It is especially useful for previewing allboxed tables from

-2 Causes half-lines to be printed, double spacing the output.  Normally, a minimal space output format is used which will  suppress  empty
	  lines.   The	program  never	suppresses  two  consecutive empty lines, however.  The -2 option is useful for sending output to the line
	  printer when the output contains superscripts and subscripts which would otherwise be invisible.

Examples
       A typical use of would be:
       tbl exum2.n | nroff -ms | colcrt - | more

Restrictions
       Can't back up more than 102 lines.

General overstriking is lost; as a special case `|' overstruck with `-' or underline becomes `+'.

Lines are trimmed to 132 characters.

See Also
       col(1), more(1), nroff(1), ul(1)

colcrt(1)