Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Own a Kindle?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Own a Kindle? Post 302485355 by radoulov on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 03:30:38 AM
Old 01-05-2011
Yes,
I remember the prices of the first models, those were quite expensive
(~ 500$, if I recall correctly). Now you can buy one for 139$ (no 3G).

But I'm not sure if it's good for reading technology pdf
(with technical diagrams, images etc - the official Oracle documentation,
for example).

Those types of documents loose their formatting, when converted to
the various ebook format.

When I use my 7" Eken for that now, I have to read them in landscape mode,
the Kindle for 139$ has a 6" display.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Hardware

Forcing Linux to keep charging my Kindle

Linux seems to have weird USB power saving features, my Kindle 3 only gets some charge before Linux powers down the USB port. When the device is mounted, it doesn't get enough power, with this same hardware under Windows I don't get the message on the Kindle "currently your kindle is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
2 Replies
XMLROFF(1)																XMLROFF(1)

NAME
xmlroff - XSL formatter SYNOPSIS
xmlroff [-o output-file] [--format {auto | pdf | postscript}] [--backend {gp | cairo}] [--continue] [-? | --help] [--compat | --nocompat] [--compat-stylesheet] [--valid | --novalid] [-v | --version] [-w warning-mode] [-d debug-mode] file [stylesheet] DESCRIPTION
xmlroff is a free, fast and high-quality XSL formatter that is useful for DocBook formatting. It produces PDF or PostScript output. It in- tegrates easily with other programs and with scripting languages. xmlroff processes the XML-FO file. An arbitrary XML file can optionally be first transformed via a specified XSLT stylesheet. OPTIONS
-v Show version information. -?, --help Show help message. -o output-file Specify output filename. If this option is not specified, a default of layout.pdf will be used. -d debug-mode Specify debug mode. -w warning-mode Specify warning mode. --format {auto | pdf | postscript} Specify format of the output file. The default is auto which selects the format based on the extension of the output filename. --backend {gp | cairo} Specify backend used to produce the output file. The default is GNOME print (gp). --compat, --nocompat Do or do not pre-processes the input file with an internal compatibility stylesheet. Default is --compat. --compat-stylesheet Prints the internal compatibility stylesheet then exits. --continue Continue after any formatting errors. --valid, --novalid Do or do not load the DTD. Default is --novalid. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://xmlroff.org/newticket: http://xmlroff.org/newticket. SEE ALSO
xsltproc(1) AUTHOR
Tony Graham XMLROFF(1)