Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions windows server hardware monitoring Post 302485293 by maxlee24 on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 09:13:13 PM
Old 01-04-2011
Question windows server hardware monitoring

Smiliehi all, as hp support pack has hpasm, hpacu command using in linux server to show and monitor hareware status.

hpacu command was avaialbe in windows server also, but where can find hpasm command in windows, it looks hp support pack not support hpasm in windows. any one can help? an appreciation.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lm_sensors? hardware monitoring?

ok ok ok, this is my third post on the day I become a member. I should stop. I'm sure all my questions are in the wrong forums. I'm sorry. my question is about lm_sensors, and hardware monitoring. I have the goods, lm_sensors.tar.gz, and i2c.tar.gz and I'm rather confusled. could someone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plusran
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hardware monitoring on unix servers (Sun and Bull AIX)

Hello, I was given the task to write a shell script that must detect hardware problems on Unix Solaris and AIX servers. Problems that should be detected by this script are for example: abnormally high temperature or voltage etc... So, does anyone know if that kind of information is logged in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX and SUN unix commands for hardware monitoring

Hello again, I would like to know if the following commands: diag, errpt, lscfg, lspv, lsvg, lsps, lslv for AIX and prtdiag, psrinfo, sysdef for SUN are native to these systems or if they are in fact scripts that are added after the unix installation. Thank you in advance. Have a nice day (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
4 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Log monitoring in windows

Hi, I'd like to know if there is a way to monitor a log file conitnuously for one or more strings and if found, send an alarm. It should also take care not to inlcude the old log file entries. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware monitoring free tool

Folks; What is a good free tool i can use on my SUSE10 to monitor the hardware so i can be notified in case of any failure such as fan failure, etc..? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script for hardware and software problems

Gentlemen I want to write a small script and run as cronjob sothat the script runs every four hours The script should be capable of finding any hardware issues,panics,coredumps if anyissues found it should sent mail.If no issues it shouldnt sent mail Deeply appreciated if any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saidiya
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How To Check Hardware RAID On Windows and Linux

Hello, I have Win NT server running and I want to know how can I get Hardware RAID settings without rebooting the server? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring windows logs

is it possible to monitor log files that are on a windows server, from a linux/unix host? i'm thinking that the directory that the files are located in on windows can be be mounted on the linux host, and then a script or tool can just monitor the log as though it were local? any thing wrong... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
XUnmapWindow(3) 						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						   XUnmapWindow(3)

NAME
XUnmapWindow, XUnmapSubwindows - unmap windows SYNTAX
int XUnmapWindow(Display *display, Window w); int XUnmapSubwindows(Display *display, Window w); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. w Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
The XUnmapWindow function unmaps the specified window and causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event. If the specified window is already unmapped, XUnmapWindow has no effect. Normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows is performed. Any child window will no longer be visible until another map call is made on the parent. In other words, the subwindows are still mapped but are not visible until the parent is mapped. Unmapping a window will generate Expose events on windows that were formerly obscured by it. XUnmapWindow can generate a BadWindow error. The XUnmapSubwindows function unmaps all subwindows for the specified window in bottom-to-top stacking order. It causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event on each subwindow and Expose events on formerly obscured windows. Using this function is much more efficient than unmapping multiple windows one at a time because the server needs to perform much of the work only once, for all of the windows, rather than for each window. XUnmapSubwindows can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XChangeWindowAttributes(3), XConfigureWindow(3), XCreateWindow(3), XDestroyWindow(3), XMapWindow(3) XRaiseWindow(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XUnmapWindow(3)