Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with expect
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem with expect Post 302485278 by bkumar82 on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 07:42:40 PM
Old 01-04-2011
i get what you mean. but can you please suggest something that can help me in moving further? i mean go into the prompt and execute the command in linux machine?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

problem with expect eof

hi guys i have such simple script, which i'm executing on AIX 5.3 #!/usr/local/bin/expect spawn passwd exptest set password 123 expect "*password:*" send "$password\r" expect "*password again:*" send "$password\r" expect eof the output is following: spawn passwd exptest sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoom
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script problem

Hello all you scripting Gurus, I have an expect script that gets called from an AppleScript Studio app that basically takes arguments for user name, password, and server address and then calls rsync. Everything works wonderfully, EXCEPT (there had to be one of those) if the user name starts... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdyck
4 Replies

3. AIX

Problem with expect.

Hi, I am facing a strange problem while executing a script from a solaris server. This script calls another one to execute "expect" commands on some other 40 servers (all AIX 5200). I am passing username and password to the "expect" script as arguments. My problem is that it is showing the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange expect problem

Hi I'm writing a script which calls an expect script to retrieve configuration files for network devices. I want to avoid using TFTP to transfer the configs if possible and so I'm redirecting the screen output to a text file. This is the expect script: #!/usr/local/bin/expect set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ant1815
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp expect timeout problem

hello All, I am doing SFTP using expect. We just change our server from sun solaris 8 to sun solaris 10. The script was working good on sun solaris 8. But it is giving problem on 10. from shell, SFTP is working fine.Please help me. What can be the problem. LIB_sftp_get() { ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect problem

hi all, guys i have a problem in this code... any help ? #!/usr/bin/expect if { $argc != 3 } { puts "Usage:" puts "$argv0 username oldpwd newpwd" exit } #set machine set username set oldpwd set newpwd set completed_list " " (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1sh0p
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in Expect

Hi Im writing an expect program for automating ftp. Having trouble with mget: expect "ftp>" {send "mget *.txt\r"} expect "mget*?" {send "n\r" ; expect_continue} expect "ftp>" {send "bye\r"} But expect even on ftp prompt "n" gets sent Please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackle1985
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script problem

Hi, Have strange problem. When I run an expect script towards a switch, it will not work. $ ./test2 spawn ssh admin@sesafdd101 Password: Last login: Thu Dec 25 13:20:54 2008 from 172.20.96.14 ECN430/330/212 Linux, based on Wind River Linux glibc_small (standard) 2.0 Trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etxnreg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with expect script

expect { -re "(.*)NEXT PAGE(.*)" { send "\r\n" } exp_continue (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash expect problem

Hey there :) I have a Bash Script and I'm trying to update Roundcube, but theres a user interactive line like: bin/installto.sh /var/www/mail/rc Upgrading from 1.1.3. Do you want to continue? (y/N) I'm trying to avoid this user interaction like this: cd roundcubemail-1.2.1 >/dev/null... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aeris
5 Replies
VIEW-OS(1)						      General Commands Manual							VIEW-OS(1)

NAME
viewsu - change (virtual) user ID or become (virtual) superuser SYNOPSIS
viewsu [options] [username] DESCRIPTION
The viewsu command is used to become another user during a login session. Invoked without a username, viewsu defaults to becoming the supe- ruser. The optional argument - may be used to provide an environment similar to what the user would expect had the user logged in directly. This command is the View-OS counterpart of the su(1) command. The value of $PATH is reset to /bin:/usr/bin for normal users, or /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin for the superuser. This may be changed with the ENV_PATH and ENV_SUPATH definitions in /etc/login.defs. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the viewsu command are: -c, --command COMMAND Specify a command that will be invoked by the shell using its -c. -, -l, --login Provide an environment similar to what the user would expect had the user logged in directly. When - is used, it must be specified as the last viewsu option. The other forms (-l and --login) do not have this restriction. -s, --shell SHELL The shell that will be invoked. The invoked shell is chosen from (highest priority first): o The shell specified with --shell. o The shell indicated in the /etc/passwd entry for the target user. o /bin/sh if a shell could not be found by any above method. SEE ALSO
su(1), linux.defs(5) AUTHORS
View-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli. <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/view-os> Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>. NOTE
Most part of the text is taken from su(1). VIEW-OS: a process with a view August 5, 2009 VIEW-OS(1)