Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Own a Kindle?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Own a Kindle? Post 302485274 by cjcox on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 06:56:54 PM
Old 01-04-2011
The Kindle is expensive... though less so now. It does provide something that the others don't and that's a free 3G connection and some limited browsing capability.

It's e-ink... so, good visibility in bright light (e.g. sunlight) and you can place the silly thing on a copier and copy it.

We have 3 of them in our family. Mine was purchased from somebody else (to help them out economically). I use mine mainly for PDFs. All of ours are tied to the same Amazon account... so we can read each other's books.

Is the Nook better? Maybe. It wasn't around when we bought ours (all of ours are Kindle2 or Kindle2 DX).

We like our Kindle's even at the exorbitant prices that we paid for them. I took my Kindle DX with me overseas for a couple of weeks and loaded maps and books about places I was visiting... very useful. Easy to carry and the battery lasts a long time. And you can even put some MP3's on it (though it's NOT a feature rich player). Part of the time was on a boat... and it was easy to use in the open deck in direct sunlight.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Hardware

Forcing Linux to keep charging my Kindle

Linux seems to have weird USB power saving features, my Kindle 3 only gets some charge before Linux powers down the USB port. When the device is mounted, it doesn't get enough power, with this same hardware under Windows I don't get the message on the Kindle "currently your kindle is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
2 Replies
FISH(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   FISH(6)

NAME
fish -- play ``Go Fish'' SYNOPSIS
fish [-p] DESCRIPTION
fish is the game ``Go Fish'', a traditional children's card game. The computer deals the player and itself seven cards, and places the rest of the deck face-down (figuratively). The object of the game is to collect ``books'', or all of the members of a single rank. For example, collecting four 2's would give the player a ``book of 2's''. The options are as follows: -p Professional mode. The computer makes a random decision as to who gets to start the game, and then the computer and player take turns asking each other for cards of a specified rank. If the asked player has any cards of the requested rank, they give them up to the asking player. A player must have at least one of the cards of the rank they request in their hand. When a player asks for a rank of which the other player has no cards, the asker is told to ``Go Fish!''. Then, the asker draws a card from the non-dealt cards. If they draw the card they asked for, they con- tinue their turn, asking for more ranks from the other player. Otherwise, the other player gets a turn. When a player completes a book, either by getting cards from the other player or drawing from the deck, they set those cards aside and the rank is no longer in play. The game ends when either player no longer has any cards in their hand. The player with the most books wins. fish provides instructions as to what input it accepts. BUGS
The computer cheats only rarely. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD