Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris add a ftp user with read and write permissions on a directory Post 302485236 by luisfja on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 03:56:23 PM
Old 01-04-2011
add a ftp user with read and write permissions on a directory

hi all

how I can create an ftp user in solaris 10 and have read and write permission on a directory.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view user permissions on directory

Hello, and thanks in advance- I just installled red hat and pinged my machine and got a reply. When i go to http://myIPhere from my other machine it asks for a password and username. It doesnt accepts the username and passwords I use to login to my linux box. I therefore think its a premissions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 99miles
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

FTP user files permissions problems!!!

Hi, I have a problem with my ftp accounts whereby if any external ftp party connects to our server and puts any file in a directory on our server. The file permissons are always -rw-r----- and no read for others. I have adjusted the ftp user .profile to include 'umask 022' but this only works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

3. Programming

How to read and write directory or file contents in c++ ?

Dear Friends, I m beginner unix programmer. I want to know, how to read and write directory or file contents in c++ ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namrata5
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default read/write/execute permissions

I am perplexed that my script execution is not always consistent in creating new files. Specifically, my group read/write/execute permissions. For instance, take a look at the following: -rw-rw---- 1 jg dp 18648 Aug 22 10:06 nx081508.txt -rw-rw---- 1 jg dp 22422 Aug 22 10:06... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joeyg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if user has read permissions

hi all, i have a script (ksh) which reads data from log files, how do i check to see if the user which is executing the script has read permissions to the file ? thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see a user's permissions on a directory

i know about ls, I know.... but some of our shares have a long messy list of acls and it is a lot to sort through.. without a grep option, unless you have a really nice one, is there a simple way to say: show me <USER> acl permissions on <SHARE> ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP loses write permissions

Hi Guys, i have learned today that when you ftp a file with full write permissions (777) to another destination it loses the w options. so a file that was once -rwxrwxrwx(before FTP) is now -rw-r--r-- (after FTP). why does this happen? and is it configurable? Regards, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to give permissions to read write but not delete the file?

i want to give users the ability to create write and read files in other user directory , but not to have option to delete the file after created ( sticky bit not going to work here ... ) for example : i have user : manager with directory repository i have user : worker1 that need to write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux sftp — how to add new user to access exist directory with write permission?

I have built a website and I can access and edit the website'files on server via the root user. The current file and directory structures are not changeable. Now I am hiring a webpage designer to help me re-design some pages, I am going to let the designer edit the files directly on the server. So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwo-g-xw
5 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)